DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well have just agreed to buy a used ds4 2ltr diesel dstyle. Bought on looks and general feel but it is replacing a great car (Honda accord type s, juicy but great) have read every review now and scared as none rate the Ds4 that well.

·
Registered
267 Posts
jayuk - dont trust the reviews too much as they all have their own biases -it what we feel and your preferences thats important. If you prefer a stylish car and driving dynamics and strong engine then this DS4 is for you. if you like ride comfort then maybe look for a C5...But hey....Top Gear UK gave it a 4 star...so its not that bad.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Welcome mate
Don't worry about the reviews , I have a 2.0 HDI 160 and it's a great car . Ajdar has mentioned the Top Gear review but Yahoo Cars has done one as well and they have give it a good write up .The thing to remember is that Ford , Land Rover,Toyota, Jaguar and Volvo all used PSA engines and do they get bad reviews ?Oh I almost forgot BMW use the1.6 diesel in the Mini CooperDand the 1.6 petrol is the THP engine .

·
Registered
578 Posts
jayuk99 said:
Well have just agreed to buy a used ds4 2ltr diesel dstyle. Bought on looks and general feel but it is replacing a great car (Honda accord type s, juicy but great) have read every review now and scared as none rate the Ds4 that well.
Dont worry jayuk as Ive also got an ex demo2.0hdi D style and its a cracker.

The poor reviews are usually on 2 accounts - - - the rear doors that lack opening windows, and the accusation of a harsh ride. If people want rear opening windows then dont buy the DS4 and the ride isnt harsh at all, its a great road holder and very comfortable.

ENJOY

·
Registered
551 Posts
WelcomeBest place to find out what a car is really like is on a forum like this!
I'm sure you won't regret it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I am a week into my ownership and can report back on my experience to date:

Started off feeling a bit strange but it is coming together now so I can report on the positives and negatives found so far:

1. Heated seats bit weak but get warm enough on level 3 (the ones on my Honda were very hot and snuggly!)
2. Rear windows not opening who cares I don't sit in the back!
3. Jiggly ride at times, can see why it is and can live with it.
4. Parking sensors flat line very early
5. Not the fastest thing off the mark but does get a wiggle on in 4th onwards.
6. Slight buzzy rattle from passenger door on some road surfaces goes when I push or pull the door (dodgy when driving)
7 This is the worst one so far. noise from back of car (inside) when on certain road surfaces sounds like a boot or seats moving around. Will have to take it back to Citroen to get looked at
8. Quieter than my Jag XKR on the motorway (not as fast but more economical LOL)

So do I regret it buying it? Difficult to say it is following a tough act (Honda accord that didn't miss a beat for 130,000 miles I did in it. It fitted like an old shoe LOL The Citroen if it gets close will be a big thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a new owner as of Saturday and only 200 miles in but can agree with many of the above comments.

I'll be trawling the forum for my iPod issue that I have and I believe has been mentioned before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
10 days into ownership. Just done a 400 mile round trip, no problems at all. Ride was comfortable, EGS box a bit quirky but ability to drive it on the paddles on very severe hills satisfying. Love it love it love it!

·
Registered
578 Posts
To be honest there's so much tech stuff on cars these days (especially the DS4) its not surprising there are the odd glitches. Just be grateful the cars arent like "Windows" that ask a questionbefore youyou do an action. "Are you sure you want to changeto 3rd" "are you sure you want the lights off?"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Obviously I can only tell you my own experiences. I've had aCitroen Ds4 Dstyle Hdi for 18 months. It is, by a big margin, the best car I have ever had. I simply can't fault it. It's fun to drive, comfortable, economical and reliable. Nice touches abound. But here's the thing. It's a Citroen. Quirky & French. Which a lot of people don't like. I do. That's great, because anything worthwhile will divide opinion. Final word? I have just ordered another one. But in red. Nice!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts