Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi having just bought a 2012 DS4 I cant find anywhere the key or radio codes, are these usually supplied with the car ? I bought the car second hand but not form a citroen dealer, plus ther was no spare key so need to get one of those does any one know how I go about that any help muchly appreciated

Anth

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi not sure about radio code someone else should know ok, But for the key you should have got 2 keys with car maybe go back and ask or try and contact 1st owner, or you will have to go to a main dealer but i dont think it will be cheap

let us know how you get on

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been in touch with the citroen dealer the car came from which was the dealership in Birmingham, they have said that all paperwork and both keys were sent with the car to 'the car shop' in Doncaster where I bought it, so have beenback in contact with the car shop and told them what citroen told me so they are looking into it, its rather worrying that both keys were sent and ive only got one !! will see what they come up with

·
Registered
472 Posts
I dont think there is a radio code for these at least i never got one, there is a key code and i would think that a main dealer can get it from the vin number but it wont be cheap

·
Registered
94 Posts
When it comes to the keys you might want to check with key cutters in your local area if you can't get the original. My boss at work got one last year from a key cutter for his BMW and paid £22 for it to be cut and chipped, where as BMW wanted £180

·
Registered
60 Posts
I haven't tried it on my DS4, but i had to have the radio out in my gf's Seat Ibiza last week, upon reconnecting it asked for the code, which we didnt have and couldn't find in the manual. We had just decided sod it not to worry until we speak to the dealer, and then put the key in the ignition to start it up and bingo, the radio kicked in. I assume the car knew the valid coded key was put in and that was enough for the radio. Like I said I dont know if its the same on the DS4 but maybe this a new way manufacturers are keeping the radios secure...?

·
Registered
227 Posts
thecork said:
I haven't tried it on my DS4, but i had to have the radio out in my gf's Seat Ibiza last week, upon reconnecting it asked for the code, which we didnt have and couldn't find in the manual.  We had just decided sod it not to worry until we speak to the dealer, and then put the key in the ignition to start it up and bingo, the radio kicked in.  I assume the car knew the valid coded key was put in and that was enough for the radio.  Like I said I dont know if its the same on the DS4 but maybe this a new way manufacturers are keeping the radios secure...?
I have heard of units now getting linked into the cars immobiliser coding, which seems like a really good idea.
I had a 2010 Nissan Qashqai with built-in Sat Nav and it decided it wanted to have the code re-input for no apparent reason, but the really annoying thing is that this happened while I was in Italy and the code was safely at home in Scotland

1 - 8 of 8 Posts