Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I have recently brought a DS4 Dstyle 2.0HDI 160, and on two occasions since collecting it on Saturday, when starting the car I get a vibration that shakes right through the car, it happens when the engine has been run, not from cold. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same happen to them??

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hi and Welcome

Sorry I can't help but I'm sure someone will be along to give you some ideas

·
Registered
312 Posts
Hi
I've got the same car and had that problem when I first had it . It happened three times in aboutthree weeks and hasn't done it since and I've had the car fifteen months ,I never found out why it did it or what the problem was but it seems to have cured itself .

·
Registered
267 Posts
hi, it seems to affect the diesel engine cars but never the petrol ones.maybe due to the diesel particulate filter or similar system

·
Registered
312 Posts
ajdar said:
hi, it seems to affect the diesel engine cars but never the petrol ones.
maybe due to the diesel particulate filter or similar system
I've wondered if it's air in the fuel system . The cars are delivered from the factory with very little fuel in , they are run around storage yards , on to transporters and then at the dealers . They must run out of fuel or get very low.Modern diesels can self bleed , I don't know if the DS doesand if air is left in it will cause it to misfire on that injector . Air expands when its warm so makes it worse when hot starting . Like I said don't know for sure its just my theory .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for your reply, it gives me a little comfort knowing your car had the same and hasn't done it for a long while! Fingers crossed it doesn't persist..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts