Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reporting back on the latest EGS software update.

hope fully its fixed the 'wont go into gear issue'

but besides that i have noticed 3 other things

1/ in auto mode and slowing right down it does not engage 1st gear, so no more last second jerk as coming to a stand still.

2/ Auto gear up changing is slightly less 'lerchey' especially 3 to 4 and up. unless accelerating hard !

3/ again in Auto mode , this is a nice touch, if you slowing right down say less than 8mph but still moving the display shows gear 1 (but not engaging) if your still moving you can select gear 2 to give a much smoother pull off ! but if you stop it will go back to 1 and you cant override it (only in manual)

Edited by: g_p_t

·
Registered
164 Posts
Don't, understand why Citroen don't upgrade the egs software as a matter of course. I'm driving a DS5 egs at the moment and the gear change is very smooth with none of the issues I had with the DS4. It also changes from 1st to 2nd much earlier. I noticed the same when I had a Picasso egs on loan.I think there might be an issue of matching/synching the egs software with engine management software, but not sure about that

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only had my DS4 for 8 weeks vehicle done 3500 miles besides the surging change I have experienced on two occasions where suddenly lose gears and engine revs go into red. Vehicle goes in Wednesday for update on EGS. I hope this is not a general problem. My previous vehicle had the DSG box which was as smooth as silk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts