Citroen DS4 Forums banner

Lazy sat nav

3K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  rich.cath 
#1 ·
I think Irecall someone mentioning this before but those of you with the sat nav why does it sometimes take several mins for the centre screen to come on.
Today afte being parked for nearly 2 hours it didnt come on until I restated it the engine! Mind you it was hot today so maybe it was having a siesta!

#2 ·
Rev - it is I among others that has had this problem - several older threads reflect this issue also.

This 'slow' boot-up and sometimes blank screen or reboot is part of a KNOWN Citroen problem to do with emyway issues, that they are trying to bury.
I'm afraid like the chrome mirrors this problem just gets worse, and the dealer will try and fob you off with an update or 'no issue'. This is my 5 month saga on another thread......

#4 ·
This Friday hopefully....Order a full cap for drivers mirror and the neck piece for both mirrors, so if they don't break anything we will have one solved problem.

#5 ·
I posted a thread on this last month. My sat nav took about 3 mins yesterday after only a 5 min ignition off. Its been quite good lately, biggest slowness is the reading of the USB stick. Takes a good minute everytime i turn on the ignition

#6 ·
On mine Ive noticed a pattern emerge. If I do a short journey and park for a time its then when I start up the sat nav seems to go on slow mode.

I cant say Ive had any problem with the USB stick, seems to be ok at the moment!

#9 ·
I reported the gear clunk and Sat Nav issue to Citoren and Ive got a case number for both. They told me get back to them after the local dealer has looked at it when the carI serviced.

To be honest Citroen were very helpful

#10 ·
Rev got a reply from Citroen direct myself and they have spoken with garage which is 'imminently' getting disk which will solve all my woes.

Also spoke with AutoExpress about issues and they are looking into it.

#12 ·
Well the good news is that Citroen have a'cure' a software disc will cure all my ailments apparantly. Car booked in next Tuesday for 'fix'.Had Citroen on phone apologising for delay and offering free next service - result.

Spoke with John at Auto Express last week and today photo journalist from Auto Express turned up and took me posing next to car (with frown on my face of course!).

It is clear Auto Express have spoken with Citroen and dealer, and that is what has got movement.
So I will hopefully be parading with my DS4 in pages of Auto Express in near future - beat that!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.