Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am currently at Le Mans for 24 hour. Came down yesterday in the DS4 and drove like a star. Looks good against all the Porsches, Lamb is, Ferraris etc - holding its own

Have seen a few DS4s around, but not sure if Brits, as we are in France! Even saw a DS5 taxi in Paris!!
Anybody else down here?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Obviously no one came to Le Mans this year. Although I have seen about 5 British DS4s and loads of DS3s whilst here. They must sell DS range cheaper in France
as I have now seem 5 DS5 taxis here, and at £25-30k a pop that's a lot of taxi!!

Anyway race started with a crash and driver died, so controversial already, weather very drizzly also.
Edited by: rich.cath

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi Chud, yes good time had by all, came with son, he managed about 20hrs before boredom set in. Interesting race as weather worst for years and all came down to tyres. Shame Peugeot not now in it, but Toyota hybrids did well to get 2nd and especially 4th as he lost his front end inna tyrewall smash and they rebuilt it whilst safety car out on track for another crash.
Nissan Nismo electric concept for next year looks out worldly.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drove back from Le Mans yesterday, car went like a dream - sailing along, hit 130mph in places, avoiding Gendarmes of course, but averaged about 67mph for whole 500mile journey.Quite weird sailing past porsches, Lambis, Bentleys, Maserattis, M5s, Astons, TVRs and they letting me!!

Car got a few looks, which was nice considering the other cars around, even 3 Gendarmes looked and pointed at it as we passed them near the track, but that might have just been my blue leds!

Don't know if I will do the run next year as it was expensive with Euro exchange rate and each year they restrict more and more of the track - without special premium tickets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts