Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have ordered 2 dstyle hdi ds4s, the first one was delivered yesterday.
I have noticed that the Led running lights only come on when the headlamps are illuminated is this correct?

Also the e-touch system has been removed from the ds4 dstyle! Grrr.
Rgds
Lee

·
Registered
472 Posts
With the lights set to Auto the LEDs come on during the daylight hours and the headlights with the LEDs when it is dark, at least on mine this is what happens but mine is 6 months old

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
Mine only come on when the headlights turn on. Not in the day.
Will contact dealer to check.

·
Registered
21 Posts
There's an option in the menu to configure both the LEDs and sidelights. If you have the 4 scroll wheels on the steering wheel the menu can be accessed by pressing the bottom left one.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi, believe it or not on the DSport the led lights are classed as the side lights, so act accordingly. The actual DRLs are a set of normal P21/5w bulbs next to halogens/xenons. These can be turned on and off with the start-up menu. They can also be changed for led bulbs but get CANBUS ones to avoid errors. I assume the layout is same for other specs,
Edited by: rich.cath

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ben.greenaway said:
You don't need Canbus LED Bulbs, I have a Ds4 sport and my LED daytime running Lights work fine

Ben,

Have you actually bought some led bulbs to replace the std ones? - If so and non-canbus works that goes against all the advice so far and Citroens usual diagnostic warnings.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Sorry mate, they are Canbus, the reason I thought they were not was I remember reading the info sheet that came with them regarding non Canbus bulbs. Duh

·
Registered
470 Posts
Don't you get the impression that that those LED running lights aren't bright enough? They're hardly visible in sunny weather.

·
Registered
395 Posts
DShark said:
Don't you get the impression that that those LED running lights aren't bright enough? They're hardly visible in sunny weather.
DShark, The LED lights on the DS4 are the side lights - so have 5w power output, hence their lack of brightness compared to the DS3s LEDs. The actual DRLs are the 21w std bulbs in the main unit, they have a yellow light compared to LEDs.
Swapping them for LED bulbs gives a purer white light but they can look dull due to the need to reflect most light.
I notice there are some new ones that have a serious CREE fish lens on the end to seriously magnify the direct light, but the canbus versions of these appear to be about £40.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Its simple.Press the left wheel on the steering wheel and up pops the computer settings. Get to exterior lighting and untick the day running lights. This will mean the side lights go of but the LED lights will stay on when light stalk set on the third icon.

VOILA!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Rev G said:
Is there anyway you can change the LED lights with brighter ones?

Not easily no, the problem is they are classed as the sidelights on this car and will only be able to be so bright.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts