Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a puzzler...My offside LED sidelight (front) works intermittently. Some journeys it stays on and other journeys about 5 mins in I get a dashboard side light error warning and service indicator and light is off.

I am puzzled why it comes on and stays on sometimes and not others. Either the led bulb is faulty or not?

Trouble is it is a garage only replacement. I have tried removing the fog light cover and I can touch terminals but am not sure what else to do. OR what bulb it is - is it one unit? Looks to be one buld that reflects up the tube to give light.

Cannot find any workshop manuals or anyone selling these on internet.

Can anyone help

·
Registered
27 Posts
Generally these kind of issues are down to a faulty bulb (if one bulb lights the whole tube) or a connection problem which could be down to moisture and the connection becomes intermittent.WD 40 is a good water repellent and may resolve this issue if moisture is the problem.Can you remove the plug connection to the unit? If so check for cleanliness of the connections and if it's dry or theres moisture.
Either way I would try WD 40 as it would be an easy fix.If the unit is faulty you may have to replace it. Any other problem might be the wiring to the unit somewhere prior to the plug connection.
Sorry I can't be more precise as I haven't seen how these lights are in person.Hope this is of some help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I should also have said that LED lights work off a small circuit board and although the benefit of LED lights is they are supposed to be brighter and last a lot longer than normal bulbs,they aren't serviceable as a rule so any fault would mean changing the unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts