Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I have been offered what seems a great deal for DS4 2.0 HDi 160 DStyle and just wanted to get a general consensus of what people thought of it.

I am currently driving a new shape HondaType R, so I know I will be losing the initial acceleration, but am keen to just see what others have thought of their DS4 2.0 Dstyle.

I have test driventhe DS4(a while back mind) and there were a lot of Gizmo's and toys and it seemed to ride well. The hard ride wasnt an issue coming from the Type R, but are there any major issues others have found.

I guess basically what I am trying to find out, is if you had the choice over, would you buy it again?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi saeagle mine is only i 1.6hdibut what i can tell you is how surprised i was at how well the car pulled so i guess the 2.0 should be very good
i came from a 2.0 bmw derv, this does not have the top end legs but from go is very good

you should find the mid range power fun but hdi is a different car to a 2.0 type R..

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi there Seagle.

Welcome to the DS4 owners club. I went from a BMW E60 535d - performance, comfort, elegance - a car that really ticks every box. I've had the THP-200 DS4 for a few months now, and do miss the initial acceleration even now - you probably will too if you decide to buy one. I'm not a speed freak by any means, but, I do like the ability to get to the speed limit quickly at times and with 200 horses, I find the 0-100 km/h figures a little ... slow :) Perhaps you want to wait to see if they produce the DS4R?

I had never considered Citroen before, but did when I first set eyes on the DS4 - I think Citroen are really on to something with the design of their new cars, they're stunning compared to a lot of the bland stuff that is being released by competitors. It is a car that often will get looked at, and appreciated.

It's not perfect by any means - if only they had released a RWD version ;) - but, it is overall an extremely nice car. It's well put together, it's quite nippy, returns good MPG. As to whether I'd buy another - certainly, but if they do release that DS4R - that'll be my next choice!

Richcy

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HI Richy and Dug
Cheers for the prompt replies. I guess I will just need to concentrate on rolling start racies and hope the torque works :)

I guess I know I am going to sacrifice the intitial speed, but I am moving further from work so need to start to getting some better mileage (not gonna miss the 19-21mpg). Had a look at the new DS4R and it looks stunning, but I guess it is not going to get the same sort of mileage as the diesel.

What I was wondering was whether there were many common faults/niggles that you guys have picked up on? If you went on the Civic websites you will come across paint chipping, squeaks, rattles amongst other things and 50 pages on each. Was just wondering whether there were any of these sorts of issues. I did have a look through here and rather than common faults it seems to be individual issues.

What is the noise like at motor way speeds?

Cheers in advance guys

·
Registered
268 Posts
Having sold a 270 BHP Subaru and bought a Ds4 160 bhp diesel I have to say am pleasantly surprised. The ride is no where near as hard the level of equipment (d sport) is good and it seems quite quick, you have a mountain of torque in 3rd and 4th from around 2000 rpm. Lookin forward to better weather to really get a chance to drive it hard. Oh and you will love the fuel economy CTR's do drink fuel if you send em on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Harry and Gaz.
The 200 THP sounds great, would love it if the diesel sounded like that :).

It really does seem a good car, and I will ignore that "motor experts" reviews and take on board what people on this board are saying.

Do the DS4 Style come with Xenon headlights or is this an option? I tried to look on the configurator on the main website, and it didnt seem to give an option for Xenon headlights?

Any options that you reckon are essential? I won't bother with the sat nav, but just checking if there others?

Cheers again.

·
Registered
268 Posts
The Nav is slow to use and not the best IMHO mine does'by have hid so spent a bit of time upgrading the bulbs. The heated leather seats are v good though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers Gaz.
Good to know bout the Satnav. Is there an option for better bulbs direct with Citroen, or do they have to be done yourself?

what about the wheels, bestto stick with the 18inch, or "pimp" it out with the 19inch?

Cheers

·
Registered
268 Posts
Sorted out the bulbs myself (Osram night breaker) + a little upward adjustment, I bought mine as ex demo so it came as was with the 19" alloys which seem fine aside from tyre costs
. The only other worry for me is the battery and alternator with so much electric stuff going on.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you had issues with the battery?
I know the early Civics use to have an issue, but I never had one with mine. If I went away for 2 weeks I just turned all the automated stuff off?

thanks for all the info though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Saeagle said:
Have you had issues with the battery?
I know the early Civics use to have an issue, but I never had one with mine. If I went away for 2 weeks I just turned all the automated stuff off?

thanks for all the info though.

No mate not at all, just lots of electric on these compared to the Scooby, heated auto everything

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha ha.

Cheers for the info. From what most have said it looks to be a great car. As long as the wife likes it, it sounds like I should go for it.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sieagle- i have had my DS4 thp 155 since March 2012 and it has not mssed a beat. I will reach 15000 km soon for the second service. I would recommend the car, of course the thp 200 would give better acceleration and being a turbo car, mid- range response should be good.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Saeagle said:
Cheers Harry and Gaz.
The 200 THP sounds great, would love it if the diesel sounded like that :).

It really does seem a good car, and I will ignore that "motor experts" reviews and take on board what people on this board are saying.

Do the DS4 Style come with Xenon headlights or is this an option? I tried to look on the configurator on the main website, and it didnt seem to give an option for Xenon headlights?

Any options that you reckon are essential? I won't bother with the sat nav, but just checking if there others?

Cheers again.

Xenons are certainly an available option here in the Netherlands. They seem to be in the UK too, but only on the DStyle and DSport - http://info.citroen.co.uk/Assets/pdf/new-cars/ds4/brochure.pdf - if you go past all the promotional pictures you get a list of available options. I didn't get them on mine, a decision I regret to this day - and Citroen won't put them in afterwards :(

The upgraded sound system isn't great, but is a big improvement (in my opinion) over the standard sound system.

Richcy

·
Registered
117 Posts
GazDs said:
The Nav is slow to use and not the best IMHO mine does'by have hid so spent a bit of time upgrading the bulbs. The heated leather seats are v good though.

Agree'd about the nav ... it also misses a touch screen. It's tedious twiddlin' those dials to enter an address!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheers Richy and Gaz.
I think I would want the Xenon headlights, so will see what I can sort with the dealer if/when we get to the paperwork.

Excited about the test drive now, and hope it is as good as I remember it.

Cheers again.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Saeagle said:
Cheers Richy and Gaz.
I think I would want the Xenon headlights, so will see what I can sort with the dealer if/when we get to the paperwork.

Excited about the test drive now, and hope it is as good as I remember it.

Cheers again.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Only problem I've had with mine was with the sat nav and cd but a software/firmware update sorted it,got 13500 on it nowThis is my first car with xenons and i would highly recommend them,plus if you have xenons you get the clear indicators which imo look better than the the orange ones.
Enjoy your test drive I'm sure you won't bedisappointed,let us know how you get on

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers Chud.

Did you get the xenon as an add on?

I'm sure the test drive will be great and with the offer they are doing at the moment would seem silly not to go for it. Especially with all the good reviews on here.

Will let you all know tomorrow how we get on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts