Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, either i am going crazy or this is a really weird bug. Both my and my colleagues DStyles have this weird thing where if you get out of the car when the engine is running, and get back in again after a few seconds (to go to the boot or whatever) when you get back in the massaging seats have switched itself on. At first i thought i must have knocked it on by mistake with my leg but then i realised i couldn't possibly have, and then i worked out it was to do with the engine running and can easily replicate it.

Just wondering if anyone else seen this...

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have often left the car to retrieve something at the house with engine running but ..no...the massaging seats were never turned on...

·
Registered
21 Posts
It's funny you should all be talking about this as I was talking about this with the girlfriend only yesterday...

We had it on both seats but an confirm that in my case it is the seat bolster compressing under my thigh whilst getting in and out that pushes the switch.

The side bolsters are very soft and even if you push firmly down with your hand you can see how it presses the button.

More funny than frustrating as I now just blame it on me having a fat arse.....

·
Registered
470 Posts
ajdar said:
I have often left the car to retrieve something at the house with engine running but ..no...the massaging seats were never turned on...
Are you sure you actually have this function in your car
?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have eventually gotten around to checking this out as it has happened to me a couple of times, if is the seat cushion that presses the button either when I leave the car or get back into it, the engine does not have to be on just the ignition and it generally switched on when I got out not back in

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hmm ok, i could have sworn it wasn't my leg doing it but i will check again. Cheers all for checking yours out...

·
Registered
267 Posts
DShark- Yes, I have this massaging function for my car model, plus heated seats in Habana leather...I would prefer 'cooled' seats for the tropics to be honest!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My massaging seats were turning on a well when I got out the car with the engine running! As it turns out the side of the seat are soft and when you get out the car the seat presses against the button turning it on.

IKH

·
Registered
395 Posts
Personally I would see it as a quality Citroen 'feature' - at least it works!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
It does work but to no effect actually, not to mention that is turns itself on when you get in or out of the car.

Edited by: DShark

·
Registered
267 Posts
D-Shark- yes i do have the massage function as well as heated seats.I have used both before but not all the time. The heated seats are not relevant in the weather where i live actually.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts