Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to set the mirrors to auto lower when reverse is selected? I tried it with mine tonight but it wouldn't work. Also noticed that my passenger mirror wont even go down enough to see the kerb

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same result. I haven't tried a second time yet. I guessed that I did something wrong as I was in a bit of a hurry.

I'd certainly be interested in knowing if anyone has had success.

·
Registered
117 Posts
What did you try?

It works for me, what I did (and there may be a different/easier way) was to move the mirror slider to the right, put it in reverse with the clutch down, then move the mirror to where I wanted it. Now, everytime I select reverse with the slider to the right it moves the right mirror down. You can do the same with the left. Then, when I go into first, it moves it back up again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm stupid because I thought that when I selected reverse that both mirrors would automatically move to the chosen position. I didn't read it correctly, oops. Now that you have pointed out that I need to move the slider to the desired side it all makes sense and, yes, it works.

My car isn't manual, it is EGS6, but it makes no difference.

Thanks
Edited by: iBernd

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't get mine to work by following richy's method. <sigh>

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mine works ok and is vital with the high kerbs around here! You push the wing mirror selector to which ever side you want first, then select reverse and the mirror should pan down. If all else fails try reading the manual! ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so it's [switch] then [reverse] then [move the mirror] to where you want it. Then from then on, [switch] then [reverse] and the mirror moves on it's own? Do you move the switch back to centre before coming out of reverse or come out of reverse first then put the switch back? I'm guessing from what you have put that you can actually leave theswitchover to one side and the mirror will then just automatically move down whenever reverse is selected?

I did read the manual but couldn't get it to work. Still haven't seen it work so am thinking that there is something wrong...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After a visit to the dealer - it transpires that my car isn't fitted with that feature! There is a guy that works in the Service Department with the same model and he has it. He ran off the Citroen Service document for both cars that show what they actually came with and his has it and mine doesn't. I just don't understand why some cars are coming with features that others are not. Even when the item in question is not a selectable option when buying a new car...

·
Registered
117 Posts
TechBoy42 said:
After a visit to the dealer - it transpires that my car isn't fitted with that feature! There is a guy that works in the Service Department with the same model and he has it. He ran off the Citroen Service document for both cars that show what they actually came with and his has it and mine doesn't. I just don't understand why some cars are coming with features that others are not. Even when the item in question is not a selectable option when buying a new car...

How odd! Sounds to me like it should be a standard option - did the dealer not offer to rectify the issue?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope - I am going to have THAT discussion with the sales guy next week. The unofficial comment I got was that "some cars come with options and some don't". It almost seems a lottery of you get the full range of features on your car. I'm going to ask to look at an order form to see if my missing options.. (auto dipping reversing mirrors, blind spot monitoring..) are optional at all. I'll go from there!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi mines the same with the passenger mirror,and its only 5 weeks oldspoke to the dealership ,said they would ask citreon uk ,that was 3 weeks ago!!!,still not heard anything from them also went back last Sunday,as the front bumper is coming away from the rest of the car,not a word from them ,still what should you expect from a £22,000 car

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wing mirrors that dip when in reverse only come on cars with the Security Signature options (parking gap sensor, blind spot monitor and upgradable to include Xenon's) - so that's all DSport models and DStyle models with either of those options fitted.

·
Registered
2 Posts
cheers frank mines a ds 4 airdream,1600 dsi,not sure what it has or doesn't have ,as manual is typical ,dealer didnt really no ,might have to complain about it to citreon direct ,as getting negative feed back from dealer,as in not a word ,cheers for your input!

·
Registered
544 Posts
To be fair, the owners manual would not distinguish between specification levels as they'd have to reprint it when each spec change took place, that's no different to any other manual I've ever looked at (yes, I do read them...) - it's the model brochure that gives you the information you need between models; ironically I can't find reference anywhere in a brochure to the dipping mirrors on any car so it's a nice little bonus for those with Security or Security Xenon Signatures!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Reverse tilting door mirrors are mentioned on the current price list for the DS4 (http://info.citroen.co.uk/Assets/pdf/new-cars/price-list/brochure.pdf) when they are shown to be part of the Security Xenon Signature pack option. They are not shown to be part of the Security Signature pack, but I had that added to my DS4 DStyle which I bought new last month and my car has the tilting mirrors, so I think Frank is right. It would help if Citroen's information was less ambiguous.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts