Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help? I collected my new DStyle 2.0Hdi Automatic a couple of days ago and I'm going through the manual. It looks like the car should have mood lighting from around the audio system and possibly from above, but my car doesn't seem to have it. My previous C5 had mood lighting so I know what it should be like. Do other folk's DS4s have mood lighting and if so, how do I turn it on? I can't see reference to it in the configuration menu. Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm. Responding to my own post, but with good reason. As the sun has gone down, I've been able to experiment with settings in the configurator and by trial and error and reading other members' posts from the last couple of years, I have a greater understanding. It seems that I have mood lighting around the audio controls, but not from the 3 overhead LEDs. I read in one post the member had been told that more recent DS4s don't have the 3 LEDs. It would be of help if anyone can give me firmer information about whether their recent DS4 (2014?) has the 3 overhead LEDs, so I know whether to raise the matter with the dealer with confidence. Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have the same model as you, bought from new 6 months ago. My car does not have the mood lights by the rear view mirror either. I did read on here another owner had them retro fitted. If you have 'emyway' would be interested to know if you have the 'freezing' problem.

Regards
Keith

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Keith. Thanks for your information. I have the 'emyway' but have yet to use it. What freezing problem are you encountering? Once I know what to look out for, I'll see if mine acts in the same way and get back to you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello Paul,

Sometimes when you leave the car for a short time, maybe 10 minutes. When you go to re-start the screen will stick just showing the Citroen logo. None of the emyway functions will work including the parking sensors.
The only way to resolve the issue is to leave the car, from my experience, locked for anything from a couple of minutes to 10-15 minutes. On one occasion it even stopped working whilst I was already driving. I have had an honest Service Dept admit they always have customers with emyway or Bluetooth issues. Citroen UK were next to hopeless when I told them!
Kind regards
Keith

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that, Keith. I'll let you know if I get the same issue with my car. It's disappointing that there is this problem. My previous car, a C5, had the built in sat nav and bluetooth and although the sat nav was more basic than the one in the DS4, it was never a moment's problem. I only used the bluetooth twice on phone calls in the C5, because I felt the distraction from the call when driving was unacceptable, even though it was hands free. Thus I won't be linking my mobile to the car. With regard to the sat nav, mine has no post code facility at all and I wonder if the post code element has been removed to overcome some of the problems. We'll see. I'll add to this stream to tell you if I experience the freezing that you describe, but it may be a while before I need to use the sat nav in earnest. All the best, Paul

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello Keith. It works! I can enter the whole UK 6 character post code and it gets me to the street - I put a local post code in this evening and the sat nav took me there. So very well done. Coincidently the same suggestion was made about an hour ago by another member (Diorem) on another stream.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keith said:
Hello Paul,

Sometimes when you leave the car for a short time, maybe 10 minutes. When you go to re-start the screen will stick just showing the Citroen logo. None of the emyway functions will work including the parking sensors.
The only way to resolve the issue is to leave the car, from my experience, locked for anything from a couple of minutes to 10-15 minutes. On one occasion it even stopped working whilst I was already driving. I have had an honest Service Dept admit they always have customers with emyway or Bluetooth issues. Citroen UK were next to hopeless when I told them!
Kind regards
Keith
Keith. I have been looking out for this problem and as promised earlier this month, I write with feedback. Over the last week on numerous occasions I have been doing exactly the thing you identify (ie leaving the car for a short time) but I haven't come across the issue with the emyway. The car is new, so it is possible Citroen have overcome the problem ......or maybe I've been lucky.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts