Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supermarket chain Morrisons cut diesel to below £1 a litre on Sunday ""“ its cheapest since 2009 ""“ and Asda, Tesco and Sainsbury's followed on Monday.

The price of petrol, typically cheaper than diesel, fell below £1 a litre in the weeks before Christmas.

News that supermarkets are slashing forecourt prices of diesel has been described as ""˜good news for industry' by the Freight Transport Association (FTA) today.

Source:http://www.everythingautos.co.uk/news/supermarket-diesel-cuts/

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Filled up this morning at Morrisons (99.79p)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Been paying that for a while at Costco, but is not local so can't full up there everytime so nice to have another closer option now

·
Registered
95 Posts
Are you guys happy with supermarket fuel or have you had issues with which affected the running of your cars ?

Had diesel injector issues on my last car that were put down to the fact I used supermarket diesel almost every fill. Been wary of using it since.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Never had any problem with any diesel car when using so called Supermarket fuel
I believe it's the same refinery anyway

·
Registered
95 Posts
Used to live in company car land and never worried. It was only after moving back to my own car that I started to take notice of things that I had to pay for in the way of repairs etc. Had a C5 that suffered and it was a dealership service manager that flagged it up.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Never had any trouble and use the tesco super-unleaded in my track/weekend toy exclusively as it has better knock protection than any other brand.

·
Registered
88 Posts
As a driving instructor for 16 years doing 35000 miles a year running French cars always used supermarket fuel (Tescoe) never had any issues relating to fuel quality.
As Chris said reckon it all comes from the same refinery anyway,if you believe the tanker delivery drivers.
Having said that probably have a expensive repair now soon as the car is on of warranty!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, newbie here, first diesel car for about 16 years, does anyone here use the 'premium' diesel like v-power and actually notice any benefit? Had a Golf GTI previously and did notice it ran better on v-power over regular unleaded. Great site by the way.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Many discussions over the years on thisShort answer is..No (that I have read and understood)
Generally recognised to be a 'Placebo Effect' rather than make any difference that can be measured

Premium petrol...that is another matter however

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.