DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from a holiday in Devon and Cornwall, so lots of twists and turns and inclines) doing 750 miles. The whole trip gave an average mpg of 49.5, with the return journey (mostly motorway) giving 55.3. I've got the 1.6 Diesel. I'm quite happy with the figures, although they don't reflect the book.
Haven't had Sat Nav before and found it useful, but with a few strange instructions etc. Returning on the M5 yesterday and doing about 70, it told me to take the second exit at the island in 25 yards. Also can't understand why, at some motorway exits, it says nothing, yet at others it says "bear right". Also, worryingly, it showed that I was travelling in a 60 limit when, in fact, I was in a 40 limit. It did that more than once.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I live in Devon and have the same engine I am getting about 52 mpg which i am happy with. Had the 1.6 petrol ds3 before and that was about 39, so all in all I am pleased with the economy

Don't use sat nav in Devon and Cornwall some of those lanes Only got horses and cart traffic before sat nav Edited by: Aldo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whooaa, I have the 1.6HDi and get nowhere near these figures, I am averaging about 42mpg over the last 5,000 miles. My outgoing 2.0 litre BMW diesel had a lifetime 58mpg over 90,000 miles and the my little DS4 is getting nothing like this, that said, I thinks that it is far more fun to drive

·
Registered
50 Posts
I drove from Plymouth to Sidmouth today which involved very little town driving all A roads at a reasonable pace 55.3 well chuffed, car has jut clocked 10k

1 - 4 of 4 Posts