Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am very impressed with the consumption I'm getting. The figures are in Km/h etc, but converted my THP200 gave me (on this trip) 39.23 miles per gallon at 72 miles per hour - this was over a distance of 254 miles. Clearly downsizing the engine works wonderfully.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive recently traded in my 11plate skoda fabia vrs for a DS4 thp200 and to be honest im getting crappy MPG the same as you.. I dont know if its because im having to thrash it abit to get the same from it as i did my fabia. Think it maybe because of the fabia having a supercharger aswell which meant it powered through the range but anyways im getting roughly 27 and thats with a bit of city and a bit of 75mph max motoroway driving

that figure is not evne in citroen bottom end estimates which frankly is disgusting

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same as digger, i've been getting around upper 20's with my 1.6 120 vti. I emailed citroen who came back with "fuel consumption depends on a variety of factors" also told me if i wasn't happy to take the car into a dealer.
My mpg has gone from 29.5 to 28.2, total crap i think you'd agree. My old 1.4 civic gave me 38 mpg and that wasn't being careful.
I'm nursing the car at the moment to get the best i can out of it but it seems to be stuck at 28.2.
Anyway, i'm gibbering. Took it in today and the guy on the service desk asks me if i think a drop from 29.5 to 28.2 is bad. I tell him i think both aren't great and neither are within what citroen are quoting. He then appears with a ds4 brochure to check the quoted figures. I'm getting slightly pissed at this point. Tell him again, that i'd emailed citroen and they advised i bring it in if not happy. He eventually agreed to having it booked in for a service after having a chat with his colleague then disappearing again. Bit miffed about they're lack of customer service skills but a least it's booked in now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
When I took mine in they said not to use the auto climate control just use normal aircon this did help but it still wasn't great they then plugged in did a software update or something and now I get mid 30s

·
Registered
472 Posts
Iam new to this but over my first 500 miles Iam getting 38.8 200 of the 500 was a run on the a1 the rest is kicking about. I've got the sport thp200. I always use shell garages as I think the petrol is of a higher quality. Also I have been a little bit gentle over the first 500 so it might not be so good now I've done the 500

At the end of the month Iam off to Skye a 600 mile round trip. I will let you know how it goes with a car full of camping kit and lots of A/B road driving

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok so I got it back from the Citroen dealership, and the mechanic managed to get 38mpg. I got a long talking to about resetting the trip computer to get a true measure. And how much more fuel costs nowadays.
Needless to say my mpg hasn't gotten a whole heap better. I think the mechanic must have taken it down every hill in the area to get it up to 38 because the very best I'm getting is 32 and that's downhill, foot off the gas.
Might take it to an indie garage and get a 2nd opinion.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Frank The Tank said:
I have the same 1.6 155 THP EGS too and I will get mid 30's very easily around town.

On a motorway run I was easily seeing mid 40's.

I have a THP 200, don't drive particularly carefully (quite lead footed ..., but do keep to the limit) and I get on average 32 mpg ... air co is on all the time too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts