Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any tips/advice on playing music via the USB port. Can you connect an iPod direct to it or is it a memory stick only?

·
Registered
268 Posts
bobkz said:
Anyone got any tips/advice on playing music via the USB port. Can you connect an iPod direct to it or is it a memory stick only?

USB stick works fine, not tried an iPod. Saves having the car cluttered up with cd's.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Works well with bothI've got a tiny 8gb usb stick and just leave it plugged in all the time you can hardly see it and there are no unsightly wires

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've copied everything off my ipod onto a usb stick and it works fine,although the sytem doesn't recognise some of the itunes listings, so it's best to create separate files on the usb: i.e. 've got a 'favourites' file and then a general itunes file. It reduces the amount of scrolling through files.

·
Registered
21 Posts
nethers said:
I've copied everything off my ipod onto a usb stick and it works fine,although the sytem doesn't recognise some of the itunes listings, so it's best to create separate files on the usb: i.e. 've got a 'favourites' file and then a general itunes file. It reduces the amount of scrolling through files.
How many mp3 files do you have? I've got all my music organised on USB into artist/album folders. However the unit - its an emyway - doesn't read them all. From a few experiments it seems it can't read more than about 2000 files which is a little annoying given the length of time it takes to read the drive when you insert it, so I have to carry round a couple of drives with all my music on when ideally I'd like to put it all on 1 32gb stick. Anybody else found this or is it just me?

·
Registered
470 Posts
chud786 said:
Works well with both
I've got a tiny 8gb usb stick and just leave it plugged in all the time you can hardly see it and there are no unsightly wires
Same here, but the problem is this: I have to take the stick out each timeI want tochange music source, then Ihave to plug it in again to play it. Otherwise the system doesn't see it (the USB icon not highlighted in the menu). How do you keep your UBSplugged inall the time without having to insert every time?Edited by: DShark

·
Registered
21 Posts
DShark said:
chud786 said:
Works well with both
I've got a tiny 8gb usb stick and just leave it plugged in all the time you can hardly see it and there are no unsightly wires
Same here, but the problem is this: I have to take the stick out each time I want to change music source, then I have to plug it in again to play it. Otherwise the system doesn't see it (the USB icon not highlighted in the menu). How do you keep your UBS plugged in all the time without having to insert every time?
Is that the emyway or standard head unit? I don't have that problem with the emyway and a 16 gb stick, sounds faulty to me. I think that's happened just once or twice and sometimes it's a bit temperamental detecting the stick when I insert it, it can take a couple of attempts, but nothing worse than that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have managed to get my iPod working fine but is there any way it.can play the songs at random as the iPod would on its own.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Bobz, to play tracks in random order, press in the right dial on the radio, should come up with a menu which includes random play.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I use the USB with a Kingston Micro USB 16gb and it works fine with about 100 albums.I notice somebody said that the system works with MP3 and WMA, but the manual says MP3 only - is that correct. I will be peeved as I had all my music on WMA (slightly better sound/compression) and took a time to convert to MP3 just to play in DS4.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bought one of these since it won't protrude into the cubby hole. You just forget it is there. Got the Kingston Micro too, but the sandisk is slightly smaller and faster.

Seems to issues with certain file types, but so far compatibility seems to be OK.

The only thing I would recommend is checking your files names.

If you have a folder, say Now 88 with CD1 and CD2, it will show CD1, rather than Now 88 CD1. If you have plenty of double albums it all gets confusing!

Edited by: iwelford

1 - 16 of 16 Posts