1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Top news, they are fantastic cars!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,Congrats on your car. For a long time I've been looking for a car and i stopped on DS4, but since i started to read reviews comments were too different. Can you tell me what is your opinion about your car, If there are some wikcnesses and the most important the positives
Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello kahuna. I bought my DStyle 2.0Hdi automatic new last July and it has been 100% reliable. It is reasonably economic for a car with a torque converter auto, returning a little over 40mpg. I have found it a quiet, comfortable cruiser that has ample power on the motorways and it can be hustled along winding roads too. Reviews talk about a poor ride, but the 18 inch wheels on the DStyle give a ride that I find perfectly comfortable on all except bumpy roads, when the ride in most cars would suffer. The fixed rear windows are also criticised but with climate control you don't need opening rear windows. The access to the rear is a bit narrow and my elderly mother finds it a bit tight, but once in, she is fine. The only other problem is the thick rear quarter pillars, which can retrict visibility over your shoulder if you're emerging onto a road at an angle. Plus points include the performance on the road, the design (both inside and out) and the 'toys' many of which may seem a gimmick, but are very useful, like the cornering lights, the parking sensors, blind spot indicators on the door mirrors and the fact that when it is dark and you press the remote to open the door, the lights illuminate and puddle lights shine on the floor by the door. The best thing you can do, kahuna, is to go for a test drive and see how the car compares to others. I did this and was surprised at how much better it was than other cars that were applauded by the press.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi PaulE,Thanks for the answer, it was very helpful to me. Its good to know all pros and cons from 1st hand.
Here where I live we have citroen dealer but he doesn't have DS4 to test. I tried the new C4 1.6 92 hps, and dealer told me that is equivalent to DS4 at the seam range like acceleration driving position, clearance, so I have to decide to buy or not on all reviews and on the basic on C4.
I tested Nissan Juke (petrol 112 hps), was good, but clearance at the front wasn't so good, because rear borders (i don't know this in eng :) ) sometimes it was diff to see upcoming cars, it was like a blind front spot. I also was on Peugeot 2008 VTi 125 hps, but it was very slow and acceleration was awful, Vw Polo was ok, but inside wasn't so stylish.
So I have to decide for DS4, i love the look it's soooo chic, but can I trust on the impressi which I had from C4 test?

Regards

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi kahuna. It is difficult when you don't have the opportunity to drive a DS4. I didn't test drive a C4 because I wanted a torque converter 2 litre and there wasn't a C4 model that had this. However my previous car was a C5 2.0Hdi and the DS4 had the same feel, except the ride in the C5 was a little softer, though the DS4 had tighter handling, which was pleasing. I would expect the C4 to also be softer than the DS4 in a similar way, because it is generally recognised that the DS4 is a better handling car than the C4. Hopefully others who read this and have tried both will be able to be more helpful. One thing I would add ... if you buy a DS4, insist on a spare wheel. The tyre repair kits are proving untrustworthy on all makes of cars. I bought a space saver when I bought my car.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Although ours is a different model to PaulE's, I'd agree with all the comments that go across the range - I think it's a fantastic car that's completely underrated by the 'press', lots of comments I've read appear to be about a different car; the ride on 18" wheels is decent, being very good much of the time if a bit sharp on poor surfaces, the 1.6HDi 115 engine is very good and strong enough although no ball of fire.

I suspect you might easily find the C4 a bit duller, it shares much with the DS4 but doesn't have the same 'feel' to it.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts