Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Looks good!I quite like the high ride height myself but each to their own.
Got any more mods planned?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it looks good with lower suspension. Is this a major mod?I'd be interested to know if it has any impact on fuel economy. In theory it should improve it

·
Registered
19 Posts
it looks really good !what spring you using? and hows the ride ? is it harder than the stock ?
what's the height from ground?
im thinking of getting the eibach 25mm lowering spring as my country have lots of potholes and speed bump, too low wont survive :(

Edited by: alphanic

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fitted a 40mm lowing kit by H&R ordered from larkspeed.

The ride is firmer that standard but not undriveable, not sure on the height from the ground but it does not scrape on speed bumps and clears curbs when parking.

As i have only had i lowered for a couple of days i have not yet noticed an improvement in fuel economy but hoping it will as i am achieving an average or 41mpg currently (hdi160)

I'm not planning any further mods as the ride height was the only think i did not like about the car.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I really like that and something I would really consider doing, I'm used to cars lower down which sways me slightly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Must say it looks great I was lucky enough to see the DS4 Racing at Geneva, it will be at Goodwood at the end of the month, but that will cost a lot more, how much did your conversion cost.
Ian

·
Registered
70 Posts
Any chance of a pic of it not raised on a kerb?

I do think they are a bit high and would be interested how it feels after a week or so.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The spring cost £160, as i am a former Citroen master tech i fitted them myself. Probably would cost you 2 to 3 hours labour at a garage + a geometry check.

·
Registered
164 Posts
It looks really good with the lower suspension. I know I'm obsessed with fuel consumption, but I have a theory that the poor fuel consumption is related to the ride height.I have achieved much better consumption with larger cars with the same Hdi engine. So I would be Really interested to see if lowering the suspension has any impact on fuel consumption. If it did, I would consider getting it done.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Awesome!How about the ride quality?.....is it sacrificed too much.
Did you install Eibach or H&R or other brand?

I am planning to install ProKit eibach springs but would need feedback from those who have installed them first.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I usually look at Range Rovers and think that they would look much better if they were lowered (as they are pretty poor as a 'real' off roader anyway..).I must say though, that looking at a DS4 that is lowered is a bit odd as it really is just like a normal car now - rather than a lowered, normal car (if you get my drift). Mine is the same colour as yours so now I have a visual idea of how it would look. I suppose you could always swap the springs back before you sell it so that the next owner can get that 'raised urban crossover' feel...

Can't say that it looks bad though.... if you say that the handling is improved and you can still get over speed bumps/not run into kerbs when parking head on.. I might be tempted! You should offer yourself as a fitting service on here and make a few quid!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks really good

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was looking at my DS4 today and only really noticed for the first time the large gap between the tyre top and bottom of wheel arch!
I can therefore see the attraction of lowering to make it more sporty looking , in the same way I was interested in raising the height of my old RAV to make it more off-road in appearance, but .... As has been said, would it turn the DS4 to much into the mainstream hatch in looks?
Not sure if good idea or not, however the lowered one in the thread does look really good

·
Registered
395 Posts
Must say I question the dropping suspension - although looks good - my reasons....1. The car is designed to look a bit like a SUV - I have been asked numerous times is it a 4x4.
2. Car suspension in sport is quite firm anyway so dropping it will make it a bit harsh for distance travelling wont it?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I like it! Though I do like my DS4 as it is. I will be watching this topic however to check on fuel consumption x

1 - 20 of 32 Posts