Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Got a meeting with regard to Ds4 Dsport 160 purchase on sunday already had test drive
and really like the car and styling, only fear i have at the moment is Reliability and resale value.
Thought i would come to the place that will hopefully put aside my doubts.

Coming from a Civic Type S Diesel

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Hamm o,

First of, good choices :) The diesel seems to very reliable at the moment. No real issues e seem to be appearing on this, the ds3 or the c4 that the car is based on.

Resale value is a bit of a sticking point though i feel.

The DS3 has good residuals due to the "desirability" of it at the moment. It is Citroens most popular model. The DS4 on the other hand has not taken off quite as well though and I fear this may slightly hurt residuals.

The upside to that argument though is exclusivity. Not a lot on the road which is always nice :)

If you are unsure, check autotrader and compare the depreciation of the alts like the focus, astra and golfs in the first year compared to the DS4. Will give you a better idea of what you are in for.

The real secret though is the deal you get! I bought my car through this website. Deal was great!

http://www.newcitroendeals.co.uk/citroen_ds4.php

have a look and see how much you are saving on the nearly new compared to this.

Hope some of this helps :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply some good deals there,
Good to here the reliability seems ok, not expecting it to hold value as well as the Golf
they seem to have a massive following and I have nearly been seduced myself but drawn to the Ds4 for looks and equipment levels on offer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You made a good point there about Spec. Specs are generous to start
off, and when you try to match them the DS4 does come off well.

Just make sure that you go in prepared, shop around on line etc, check the price is good. if you see anything online of similar or better price use the colour/specs/mileage to try get a discount.

Also check with other dealers to see what they would give you for your car because a dealer will always stand to make a profit from that as well.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So am know a fully paid up member to the DS4 Squad will pick up my Polar white Dsport sometime this week

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Picked it up Friday afternoon, loving it so far but it wasn't clean enough for me so it got the full treatment Sunday and will post pics soon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts