DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, ok I've done a very dum thing, I've managed to scuff my fantastic alloys and it's pissed me of big time, how can I fix it????? Please help
Edited by: pudseycongs

·
Registered
551 Posts
Depends what sort they areIf they are diamond cut it's a lot more difficult than normal painted/powder coated alloys.
I've got marks on three of mine but I can't send them away to be refurbed because I have no spare.
If they were painted they could be done on the car.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I've got a small scuff on one of mine,they are standard 18inch d style wheels.They are diamond cut and it will have to be sent away,Chips Away wanted £150 to do it,if I had it masked and painted they wanted £50 but it would look different to the other three.I was wondering how much a new wheel would be. I'm thinking of just touching it up with laqueras it really is a small scrape.I also wondered about having Ali gators fitted to cover it but I havent seen any fittedand dont want it to look naff

·
Registered
312 Posts
They are made of rubber and go on the edge of the wheel and protect it from the kerb,but I,d like to see one fitted,the website is www.alloygator.com they are also on youtube,showing how to fit them ect.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah just seen it, looks ok but it looks a bit hard to fit it, I'm not the most car friendly person when it comes to fitting things if you know what mean...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont ask, the dam company that was supposed to come round didnt turn up, and to make things worse i've now done the back one, good job ive got them tyres with wheel trim protectors as it would have been very nasty.
back to the internet to find a company that wont con me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dealer done a great job on the dent but if I'm honest the alloy looks worse than before, to be fare they did warn me and did not charge

I really want to get this sorted I have kerbed alloys, has anyone had there's repaired yet successfully

1 - 11 of 11 Posts