Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my white pearlescent DS4 Airdream on June 28th and I am happy.

The automatic handbrake release is such a good feature! I'm just getting used to the 'pause' during upchanges with the auto box.

I love the amount of storage space in the centre console and the fact that I can stick memory sticks into the usb slot. I'm going to have two additional 12v sockets professionally fitted, one at each end of the dash, trailing wires from the centre console isn't a good idea and messy. I attach a phone holder to the small part of the side window and the satnav on the dash to the extreme right on top of the dash - a 6 inch satnav and it fits beautifully and neatly. An ipad is going in the front too but for stationary entertainment use. I fancied a citroen wifi but the price is silly when a mifi costs so little.

I fitted wind deflectors because I actually do like driving with the windows open and without buffetting.

Looking forward to a LOT of touring UK and Europe

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi there,

I am in the process of ordering a DS4 airdream for my next company car (have a C5 at the moment). Any chance if you (or anyone else with an airdream) post pictures of the centre console, i have not been able to see one at my local dealer, they only have a manual. Particularly i am interested in the drinks holders, as i do a lot of driving and this is one of my biggest bug-bares with my C5 as the only drinks holder is in the flip up arm rest, which basically means you cant have a drink in there and rest your arm on it...grrr does my head in! Am i right that there is a large cubby hole where the gearstick should be?

Thanks a lot, looking forward to joining the Ds4 clan!

·
Registered
164 Posts
The drinks holder in the DS4 is legend. Could nearly fit a whole beer keg in there. Plus if you get the egs version, the sliding covers keeps it nice and cool, although haven't had much hot weather to really test it.I think you'll find it a completely different car to the C5 to drivewould be interested to hear how you find the DS4 in comparison

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks for the pictures mate, that gives me exactly what i wanted to know, looks like my drinks holder worries are over!

I have driven the manual so had a good comparison to the C5, i'm surprised how good it handles and responsive for a slightly higher car. The C5 is like a sofa though, so comfortable and eats up the miles, i'm hoping the DS4 will give me the same relaxing long drive, while having that little bit extra style (although i still like the look of the C5).

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree about the C5.I admire it's looks every time I see one, but everybody else likes the look of the DS4. A lot of people have commented on its looks, maybe because its so rare. Its not as comfortable or as economical as the C5, but more fun to drive.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Initially wanted to buy the 1.6 thp C5 but the DS4happenedto come at the 'right' time.Had the Xantia for 10 years. It had a very comfortable ride but decided on a more 'sporty' Citroen and the DS4 fits the bill nicely.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts