Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally took car into dealer my 2012 1.6hdi because just did not like the gear change from 1st to 2nd gear, at times just felt crunchy between gears. Turns out needs a new clutch, only done 36k miles, not feltright since had the car 9 months ago, bit surprised really. Also having a replacement bonnet now too have the dreaded bubbling occur, trying to make sure everything good before the warranty runs out in November.
Darren

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had ok from Citroën today to replace the clutch, parts on order, hopefully I will see a difference.
What does everyone else think of the gearbox is it normally smooth through all the gears?

·
Registered
544 Posts
I wouldn't say it is the slickest gearbox on planet earth to but it is decent - I find 1st to 2nd a touch notchy but that is the only real issue - it's a world away from the 5-speed 'box in many other PSA products though which feels like each once has been in the hands of a Parisian for 100k before being put in your car!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, had the clutch done now, bit different but seems ok now, smother particularly between 1st n 2nd.But, the replacement bonnet has not gone well, they painted the new bonnet in isolation from car which because its a flats white colour should have been ok apparently,its not, from the side view obviously does not match the car, so in conversation now with the dealer about what's next, not happy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
re bonnet,they only have to drift the white onto the front wings and then clearcoat them, should take them a day at the most. hope that helps . g

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh no there not drifting anything in on my car, the colour is wrong and told them there not blending the wrong colour into anymore panels.
So had a call yesterday they have agreed not to blend anything and they have the Citroën paint supplier helping them match the paint on the bonnet and doing it next week, so hopefully will be all good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts