Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
< ="text/" ="" ="/B1D671CF-E532-4481-99AA-19F420D90332etdefender/huidhui.js?0=0&0=0&0=0">Hello Guys,

Comming from a DS3 - Picked my DS4 up this afternoon and i'm loving it.

its a 64 Plate DStyle :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Having had m3's, audi TT and a civic to name but a few the Mazda was a great car mate. I am going to uni next month so had to get a cheaper can to run.
Only reason it's up for saLe.Had it 2 years and it was bullet proof.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all, I picked up my new (second hand) DS4 THP 200 yesterday. Upgraded from a C4 that gave me six years of (almost) trouble free motoring. Can I expect the same from the DS4?

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
It should beMyself and many others have a 100% reliability record, others not quite, but thats the same with ALL manufacturers
Welcome on board

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello degert. I have had 2 electrical problems on my 2.0Hdi. The first was when warnings for the ABS, tractions control, ESP and handbrake flashed up (and handbrake stopped working), to be replaced by the engine warning sign (and handbrake working again). Car was towed to the Citroen dealer late and the next morning no warnings were present though they were logged in the car's computer. The garage kept the car for 3 days but the warnings weren't repeated and haven't returned and no faults could be identified. The second electrical fault concerned the oil level message that appears as you turn the key and on mine showed level 'invalid'. This is a known fault and the dealer fixed it by (he tells me) shortening the dipstick and loading some new software. I don't know if it only relates to the 2.0Hdi 160bhp. The only other 'fault' I've had are scratches where the rear door handles meets the bodywork and others have mentioned this too elsewhere on this forum. Other have also had problems with rusting of the wheels (though this may be largely due to the salting of the roads in winter in the UK) and of the bonnet, though I haven't experienced these problems so far, but it is worth being on the lookout. Hope this is useful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks guys, and especially PaulE for the heads up. After driving the car for only 100km, I can report this:1. There are scratches on the bodywork, inside the rear door handle.
2. The front right tyre pressure sensor is not being detected (at random intervals). I have tried pressing the button with the spanner, both with the ignition on and the engine running. In both cases the only message that shows up is the next service (19600km). So I don't know if the TPMS works or not.
3. Similar to point (2), I don't know if the oil monitoring is correct, as some of you describe. Am I doing something wrong?
4. I don't know if my SO (it's her car) will be able to handle all that power

Sorry for hijacking the original post, I don't expect a response, and was merely giving my first impressions. I will spend the next few days browsing the forum for more information.

Thanks again!

Edit: 5. The car has quite a lot of road noise, which I think are because of the customised tyres (235/35/R19) tyres.

Edited by: degert

G

·
Welcome along, shame about the scratches - can they polish out? G3 Scratch remover is good. If not have a word with your dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.