Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, been meaning to register on here for a while as I bought a Black 2012 DS4 DSport 160hdilast August.

Very happy so far,the car gives around 50 mpg which isn't bad as the performance from the 2.0ltr td is smooth and quite quick when required.I love the way the car looks and the all leather interior is great.
I paired the phone ok and that's a great asset to have. The cars now done 20,000 miles and will need new tyres all round soon.It still has the original Michelin's but am looking for alternative make as the Michelins are very expensive.Any suggestions would be appreciated.Need the XL rating and I think the sidewall protection for the alloys.

I think when you see another DS4 on the road you realise how great they look.Not seen a lot but there are a few more about now. It seems Citroen's success with the DS3 may be the reason for fewer DS4's.

I hope to learn from the more experienced owners and share my own experiences.

·
Registered
73 Posts
hi you done well to get that mileage out your tyres the shoulders on my tyres at the front are down to 2mm the rest off the tyre is on 5mm after 8000 miles.there is a web site called oponeo .co.uk selling tyres at a good price
Edited by: essexpaul

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Thanks for info.Do you have the original spec Michelins? Don't think the design is that good,the outside section will always look worn due to design. Do you have a tracking problem? 8,000 miles is low.

·
Registered
73 Posts
it came from citroen in london tyres were low on psi not checked by dealer since put correct pressures in edge dont seem to be wearing down as much

·
Registered
73 Posts
dont think they have much more than 3mm on the edge new. i dont get any pull left or right and steering wheel is straight hope they last at least to 15000. they are michelin ps2Edited by: essexpaul

·
Registered
2 Posts
A quick word on tyres.

I've had a C5 saloon for 5 years and always used Kumho tyres on her. Last set gave me 20,000 + miles on the front and 30,000 + on the rear. Will be changing over to Kumho on my new DS4 as soon as the tyres wear out! As a guide, Kumho tend to be approx 1/2 the price of Michelin etc

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with you on the Kumho's.Apparently VW and Mercedes now approve them. I'm going with KU39'sand hope I get the mileage.They have a good rating on fuel and wet driving and they are reasonably quiet so overall should be good value for money.

When I've had them fitted I'll report on how they are performing once I've done a few miles.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Dchevron said:
I agree with you on the Kumho's.Apparently VW and Mercedes now approve them. I'm going with KU39'sand hope I get the mileage.They have a good rating on fuel and wet driving and they are reasonably quiet so overall should be good value for money.

When I've had them fitted I'll report on how they are performing once I've done a few miles.

I've just done the same, buying Kumho's for the rear with a view to changing the fronts too in the coming weeks. I've gone for the directional tyres as they offer slightly better rim protection and I've read that they're slightly quieter, although I can't say that I've noticed much difference between the new ones and the old Michelins!

I've managed to get 24,000 miles out of this set of Michelins on the car from new so I'm quite pleased about that having read other threads on here.

For info, I paid £200 fully fitted for the pair, via http://www.mytyres.co.uk/which I didn't think was too bad.

Edited by: TheBadgerJC

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've sourced KU39's @ £81.00 each inc vat and free delivery. I'll fit two on the back and 2 on the front when they are ready.I think the dealer swopped front to back when I bought the car and they serviced it.
Fitting will probably be between £12 and £20 per wheel so about same as you've paid.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes they do have the rim protection on both sides of the tyre.I didn't know if they did or not although I hoped they would have.Taken delivery of the tyres and definitely impressed with the quality look of the tyre.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes,they do two prices depending on how fast you want them.48 hr express del is a couple of £'s per tyre more but price I paid was for three day deliveryby DPD and arrived to the hour of predicated eta. Great service all round.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dchevron said:
Hi everyone, been meaning to register on here for a while as I bought a Black 2012 DS4 DSport 160hdilast August.

Very happy so far,the car gives around 50 mpg which isn't bad as the performance from the 2.0ltr td is smooth and quite quick when required.I love the way the car looks and the all leather interior is great.
I paired the phone ok and that's a great asset to have. The cars now done 20,000 miles and will need new tyres all round soon.It still has the original Michelin's but am looking for alternative make as the Michelins are very expensive.Any suggestions would be appreciated.Need the XL rating and I think the sidewall protection for the alloys.

I think when you see another DS4 on the road you realise how great they look.Not seen a lot but there are a few more about now. It seems Citroen's success with the DS3 may be the reason for fewer DS4's.

I hope to learn from the more experienced owners and share my own experiences.
Last post,sold the Dsport.Sad in one way but after just over a year of ownership and no real issues,the depreciaction has been horrendous and the first real test of the dealership resulted in very, very poor service and enough to tip the balance of keeping the vehicle. I loved the way the car performed and looked but it's back to a 4x4 and very happy with replacement!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts