Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a DS4 1.6HDi DStyle second hand with 10600 miles, in black. Suspect an ex-rep car, the door sills still have the blue protective film on them. The buying process was terrible, involving a fault on the car and shocking lack of after-sales care at the Carshop Doncaster.

Anyway I got them to sort out the problems eventually, but I still don't have a service book for it. They misplaced it somewhere between their Cardiff and Doncaster branches while transferring the car for me (the car was registered in Hull in September 2012! How did it end up in Cardiff?!)

I'm very happy with the car so far, loving all the gadgets, and also loving that there aren't many of these cars about yet! They seem to be a bit of a hidden gem, Citroen don't seem to have done much publicity or advertising for the car. I could have got a Focus, again a nice looking car, but everyone has a Focus. For the price I paid for the car I could have got a 3yr old 1 series or similar rep car, but again everyone has one, I like to have something stylish but set apart from the crowd.

I also have a trust for Citroen, my previous car was a 2006 C4 1.6HDi SX. This car proved extremely reliable and I loved it to bits, but I needed to get rid of it before it started to cost me mega money - it was on 94,000 miles and was going to need timing belt (squeaking a bit on startup) and clutch was on its way out (slipping when fully engaged at high torque). I fancied the DS3, but with a baby on the way needed a 5 door car.

Anyway, I've had a browse and think I'll enjoy this forum for help, tips and advice! I'll put some photos up when I clean the car, it has had GardX protection so I'm keen to see how this actually makes the vehicle look (after the purchasing process and repairs were done with the car was already dirty when I picked it up).

Cheers!

(By the way, the fault was an ESP fault and when they had it in at the Citroen garage, Evans Halshaw in Doncaster, they diagnosed a split pipe which they replaced under warranty).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi there,

We also had a 2006 C4 which we loved but had to give up as things were going wrong. The DS4 does feel like a step up from it though so enjoy!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Steve. I have just ordered a DS4 and also work for GardX. I am sure you won't be disappointed with the GardX. I test drove a ds4 and fell in love with it. Just hoping the car turns out to be as good as the test drive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.