Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am a new member and not yet a DS4 owner. I was going to view a car advertised today but unfortunately it sold before I got there! Have test driven a couple of cars today so thought I'd join to do a bit more Reading and learning before making a leap to ensure I get the right one.

Thanks

Becki

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi
I test drove a 2litre DSport, which was a great car, but I bought a 1.6DStyle with Sat Nav and Denon hifi. The main reason for that was that the DSport did not have a spare wheel, whereas the DStyle did. It depends on where you might drive as to whether that's important, but, with the puncture inflator kit, if you have anything other than a small puncture, it's a breakdown recovery job, and if there's no mobile signal, you've got problems.
If you check through the previous posts you'll find a few common issues, such as rust bubbles on the bonnet, which is a warranty job, problems with bluetooth connectivity (mine works fine), complaints about notchy gearchange (again, mine is fine). Some owners have had a problem with the steering pulling to the left (can't remember the outcomes).
MPG wise, mine does mid 40s around town and mid 50s on a run. I do use Supreme diesel from time to time to help clean the engine bits, although it is more expensive.
Overall, they are great cars and, having had mine for 3 years, I still love driving it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the informative reply, much appreciated. Have you had any issues at all with yours, or anything you don't like?

Thanks again

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've only had cosmetic problems - the car that is, not me! My car has got the dark chrome and some of it started peeling. That was done on warranty. One of the door mirror chrome covers started pitting and that was also done on warranty. Otherwise trouble free.
I love the car. A minor issue is the very fiddly access to change a rear light bulb - I will have to get someone to do it. Some of the on screen programmes take a bit of getting used to and the sat nav is sometimes a fiddle to set, but generally I would definitely recommend the car.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Love ours, it's a great car for the three of us (we have a nearly six year old) - there's nothing I'd specifically change about the car at all, it's comfortable, refined, well balanced, economical enough and as quick as we need - it works for my wife's short commute, our long summer holiday drives through France and everything else. When we need more space for camping we use a roofbox. Nope, nothing I don't like at all and in fact considering getting another one next time, either a Puretech DStyle Nav with Criollo Leather or a DSport 1.6THP with the same interior.

Our wheels are corroding but these are being replaced under warranty, it needs to be driven like a petrol for the first 500 metres (ie revved) as the emissions controls on cold start give it a violent 'shunt' if you drive it like a diesel.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Only being 23, I guess I'm out of the targeted audience of the DS 4, but I bloody love it! I went for the 2.0 BlueHdi 150, I added xenons but really wish I also added the Black & Red leather pack!

I've driven DS' for nearly 4 years now and they are awesome cars!

My only tiny gripe is rear visibility, but you do get front and back sensors as well as Blind Spot monitoring (On the Dsport).

If budget permits I would definitely recommend the Dsport trim level! I average 56mpg in mine and I do have the occasional heavy right foot!

I hope this helps!

Dan

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all for the feedback much appreciated. I think we have found 'our car' fingers crossed. Put a deposit down today and will collect on Tuesday all being well on collection.

Thanks again

Becki

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Dan, I will certainly put pictures up if it all goes well. Will keep spec quiet until I've got it, don't want to jinx it, already wasted a days holiday and a 4 hour round trip last week looking at a 10k mile example in a citreon main dealer which was described as immaculate but had both front corners partially removed on gate posts when I arrived, so nothing is guaranteed until you get there!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Aha I totally understand, I do the same!

I'm mega weird about telling people about things until it happens, get scared that it won't happen aha!

Oh wow, not what you want to see!

Good luck!! :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm pleased to say Portfield Citroën were a delight to deal with and the car was as described so we are now the delighted owners of a Feb 2015 DSport 160, manual with options including Perla Nera Black metallic paint, Sat Nav and Black and Red leather pack. Its in immaculate condition having only done 3k miles. The buying experience was first class and I would recommend that particular dealership to anyone. Roy and Ross, thank you again in case you get to see this.

Thanks again to all that have helped on here with advice as well.

Edited by: Becki_Justin

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yayyy you've got it!

I have to say, I'm bloody jealous of your seats!!

Congratulations, I'm sure you shall enjoy the pretty refined mix of performance and economy!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Dan, the seats are stunning and along with the Nav are what made us decide to blow our original budget and get this car! I must say I am as jealous of your Xenons upgrade as you are off the seats though, I would have definitely specced them if I had been ordering a brand new one, but other than that it ticked every box for us and we are very happy with it.

Thanks again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.