Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, new member here, had my pearlescent white ds4 dsport for two weeks now. I've changed rear plate bulbs to led and fitted h7 and h1 halogens to road legal 5000k xenon gas filled bulbs. Must say looks awesome and matches led side lights a treat.
Edited by: Inked83

·
Registered
69 Posts
Looks nice - it's a shame the trend for Xenon subsided, I used to love them in my Laguna II.

I also remember when my DS looked that clean :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't believe the light that is omitted from these standard bulbs, almost as bright as factory bi xenons. I didn't fancy paying an extra £1,700 on factory fitted lights. Plus dealer told me there a waste of money and pointed me in the direction of these for £100.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The factory Xenon's (including tyre pressure sensors) are £690, not £1,700 on the DSport!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that's what I thought, but as of ordering mine at the end of July the price as of the 1st of July had increased, the security xenon signature pack is the only option that you can have, and that increased to £1,700 due to the ds3 having the new led xenon units. Also as of January 2015, the dsport will no longer have 19 inch alloys as the complaints of tyre quality and discomfort, which also spreads to the ds5. To be honest I have no issues with comfort from the wheels, as to tyre wear I'm yet to experience.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hiya, very impressed with your up-grade.

Any chance as too of which type / make of head-light bulb and number plate fitted and where to have a look for these items please?

Regards,
Roy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi roy, the headlight bulbs are called ultra power from amazon, both high and low beam they are 5000k, reg bulbs are philips xtreme vision led they are also 5000k, my partner has a porshe cayman with factory xenon units in and I assure you beam range and colour of both car bulbs are on par. Extremely good buy.

Simon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Simon, thanks for quick reply.
Ja, I was looking through various site pages to see if I can get to change my Number Plate Light Unit and install the LED unit, when I came across your pic's with the bright number-plate illumination and head-light up-date.

I have a DS "5" and have changed the H7 "dip" with HID, but due to the "NEW" H1 Bulb holder fitting now used, not able to fit the HID H1!

The Fog's H11 have been replaced with Cree 80w Leds from car-mod-shop (near Sidmouth-Devon)

Did the same with Reverse lights, put in the 80 Cree...magical difference.

Then I changed the Indicators bulbs, the brake light bulbs including the rear Fog. Very noticeable different.

Interior foot-well lighting, glove-box, boot compartment lights (501's) changed to leds.

I have contacted my local citroen dealer to see if the DS4 / 3 number plate lights are the same, if so, I will have these change asap.

Simon, once again thanks for the info, will have a look see on Amazon.

Roy

http://ds5owners.co.uk/ds5forum/styling-performance-upgrading-6/

http://ds5owners.co.uk/ds5forum/styling-performance-upgrading-6/cree-led-h11-80w-fog-lights/

http://ds5owners.co.uk/ds5forum/styling-performance-upgrading-6/alloy-wheel-protectors/

Enjoy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts