Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
I have recentley taken delivery of a new DS4 2.0 160 HDI in red.
It is a very striking car, and I love the looks. I also like the vast majority of the interior. and there are not too many issues with it.

1. I wish there was an illuminating light round the keyhole - its virtually impossible to find in the dark.
2. I'm not keen on the monochrome display unit.

But, my main issue is the gearbox.
It feels like they have fitted the gearbox out of a 1972 ford transit van into the car !!!
It is so clunky and grinding, I'm wondering if there is a problem with mine, of whether they are all the same.
We have a £9K seat ibiza as our second car, and the gearbox and gear change is a smooth a silk compared to the citroen.
Considering the DS4 is a £20K+ car, I think this gearbox is a major flaw on an otherwise very nice car.
Does anyone else feel the same ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Andy,
Yes, it is very striking. Mine is black and it looks mean :)

I really agree with you on the keyhole point.... I am constantly struggling to get the key in. Its even worse for me cos I drive my wifesPug 5008 and the key is a quarter round from where is is in the DS4.

Not really sure what you mean about the monochrome display but I do know there were supply issues with the centre display which were a result of the tsunami. As a result there were a number of different centre displays used to overcome the shortage. The one supposed to be fitted changes colour from white through to blue, then they started fitting displays from the C4 which were amber and didnt change colour, then there was another different one used shortly after. It may be you have one of these fitted.

Reading what you have to say about the gearbox makes me wonder if your gearbox has afault because Ive not noticed any notchyness with the gearbox in mine.

Take care ... Azzy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Andy,

To echo Azzy's thoughts on the gearbox - agree that it might be a fault with the car.

The gearbox is very smooth on my DStyle 2.0 hdi, it is very similar to the 2009 Ford Focus I had previously.

However - totally agree with you on the matter of the key hole, to me it feels like the key doesn't quite fit in the slot. I've even bought a small led torch for my key ring just to address this!

Let us know what Citroen say if you take it back.

Cheers

Steve

·
Registered
56 Posts
andyh said:
Thanks chaps, appreciate the feedback.
I have noticed on mine it's clunky and if I am in 3rd gear I can push it in to neutral quite easily without the clutch
Anyone else can do this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts