Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just bought a DSport THP that is supposed to be 200BHP. I have driven it properly for the first time today and it defiantly doesn't feel like a 200BHP car. Are there any common faults that could cause a power drop without reporting a fault, such as split hoses etc.

I plan on having it rolling roaded to make sure its putting out what it says. I had an Insignia diesel before this with 160BHP and that feels a lot quicker.

Just wondering if anyone else feels it isn't as quick as it should be.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yea we test drove the 200thp back to back with the 160 diesel and bought the diesel as it felt quicker (wasn't expecting to buy the diesel coming from a 220bhp Supercharged Mx5). It isn't quicker than the 200, but there isn't much in it and the extra low down torque of the turbo diesel is the reason for it feeling quicker. Edited by: Becki_Justin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've had other cars with a lot more pull for less power, bit disappointed really but too late now.
Ill have to look into a remap but bit concerned its only a 1.6 so doubt it can go much more and keep its reliability.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
A remap will give you a little more, but petrol cars are less torquey than DieselI've justreturned from the States, having driven a V6 Ford SUV, our DieselDS4 feels quicker

1 - 4 of 4 Posts