DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just joined this forum as I'm debating taking the plunge on a used DS4, and would value any advice offered. Car is a 63 plate, 2.0 Diesel Dstyle 160bhp, with 56k on it and screen price of 5k. 3 owners and FSH so seems a reasonable price but, can anyone advise on the things I need to be looking for when I get the video tour, and prior to test driving. Dealer offering home delivery in lockdown and 30 day return if not happy, but the car looks clean from what I've seen so far and MOT history seems as though its been cared for. I'm chopping in a 1.6VVTi 2008 Megane with 74k on it, so I know I'll notice a massive difference. Hopefully the windows work on this one, as the Renault has been a royal pain in the rear with that issue as always 馃槀 Thanks for any tips in advance

Super Moderator
The 2.0 diesel is a great engine.

There will be the usual issues, like rear door handles flaky or discoloured chrome.
OTher than that it'll be your usual luck with any second hand car.

Registered
You did actually say FSH, sorry. Yep flaky rear door handles are standard. I've not encountered any 'common' issues in my time with the 2.0 HDi. Check for dampness in the boot/behind the brake light panel inside the boot. I had water coming in through the boot lid bumpers, but I sealed them and that stopped. Have not seen any major rust issues or anything on this forum.

Registered
Just be aware the rear windows don't open on a DS4. I didn't know when I bought mine but it didn't bother me.

Registered
Just be aware the rear windows don't open on a DS4. I didn't know when I bought mine but it didn't bother me.
I find it amusing when I ask people to get in and they can't find a door handle and when in I ask them to wind the window down - shouldn't really :)

Registered
I find it amusing when I ask people to get in and they can't find a door handle and when in I ask them to wind the window down - shouldn't really :)
Wicked are you. :grin:

Reactions: DeuxChevaux
1 - 7 of 7 Posts