DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I defied all the negative YouTube reviews and bought a 2016 1.6HDi in colour grey-ish back in July 2020. I think they must have been reviewing another car because I think it's great, drives well, handles well, looks awesome and I don't care for the "scratchy plastics " test anyway ! It's nice to drive a unique model of car, not many out there, feels quite exclusive.

However, I came here to see what some issues are (wish I hadn't) as I have mine going in to a garage to have the knocking front suspension seen to, which only developed over the past two months. Also noticed condensation on the inside (while it's been snowy/icy on the outside of late) so am wondering if it's letting in water somewhere too, which another owner has recently posted about.

Noted the comments about the Start/Stop system, agree, it's non sensicle that the handbrake defeats its and yes mine doesn't always work, but it's a get around for emissions at the end of the day isn't it. If we're going to be in traffic a while, we'll stop the engine manually right? Speaking of which, bit of a pain that the radio goes off the moment you switch off the engine. I do miss ACC-On! (and am still reaching for the ignition keys after 6 months duh!)

All in all though, I'm very happy with the car.

Has anyone had their remapped by the way? If so what gains and was it worth it? I'm considering it, it is a bit sluggish and for it's looks, needs a bit more aggression to match:devil:

·
Registered
179 Posts
The reason the radio goes off as soon as you turn off the engine suggests the battery either need charging or replacing. If it original or 5years old probably replacing.

Condensation on the inside may be nothing, it depends on weather situation. I get it on mine sometimes but it will clear with the fast demist after a while, although noisy. :)

I'm not familiar with ACC-ON, what do you mean. Are you referring to the aircon/climate control?

·
Super Moderator
912 Posts
Mine does the radio thing too, annoying you cant have the radio without the igintion on.

Condensation is just a winter thing added to lack of use. If you use it for a few day each day (letting it warm up) then the condensation will go.

Knocking, they do suffer from the usual antiroll bar links going, UK roads dont help with all the pot holes.

I've got a slight knock mine, due to the bottom balljoints, got new balljoints, just waiting for some better weather.

Top mount bearings had also gone on mine when I got it, that's as much steering related, you get a clunk as you turn the steernig as well as the odd knock over bumps.

It's a fairly standard macpherosn strut arrangement, should be easy to narrow down the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ACC-On was an ignition key position, the first turn of the key usually. Or the first turn after you switch the engine off . I think it stood for "Accessories On." Hoping it doesn't need a new battery but reading other posts regards the Stop/Start not always working, it could well be! To think I bought a newer car to reduce my repair bills.

Under the current CV-19 situation, the car gets used daily every other week on a 40 minute commute up the M1, so I do get the cab nice and toasty and also open the window to allow moisture to evaporate away. Seems to help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(sorry I'm no good with replying to posts, so this appears to be a separate post. Oops.

I took the car into a garage I trust, the knocking sound they heard and think they located to the middle section of the front of the car and once up on the ramp, think it's the steering rack as they replicated the knocking noise manually. I'm not tech savvy with cars so take their word for it. Even more concerning was that they spoke to the local Citroen Dealer who say they've had a spate of steering racks being replaced and supply is short. Well my garage didn't charge me for the investigation work, but suggested I leave it a few months, as it can't harm anything further than it already has, and hopefully they 'll be able to source some steering racks by then, and wait for it, the cost is looking at £1k !!!! They did check the usual suspects of the suspension system but I doubt they looked at the top mounting struts as that means removing that plastic windscreen baffle I guess. As it stands , I'm not driving it much anyway at the moment, every other week really, and it's not noticeable on the motorway. Will give me a chance to save up for this repair bill I guess. Aaaargh cars!

·
Registered
179 Posts
ACC-On was an ignition key position, the first turn of the key usually. Or the first turn after you switch the engine off . I think it stood for "Accessories On." Hoping it doesn't need a new battery but reading other posts regards the Stop/Start not always working, it could well be! To think I bought a newer car to reduce my repair bills.

Under the current CV-19 situation, the car gets used daily every other week on a 40 minute commute up the M1, so I do get the cab nice and toasty and also open the window to allow moisture to evaporate away. Seems to help.
Sorry to hear about the steering rack.

I remember what you mean now, although it's been a while since I've seen that. At his time of year runs on the motorway every other week may not be enough to recharge the battery fully and then a week of rest just puts it back to where it was two weeks previous. It doesn't mean the battery needs to be changed but a charge with a battery charger will be better than running every other week. The only way to know is to get the battery tested.
Economy Mode comes on to protect the battery from further discharge once it drops to a certain level and therefore turns off the radio. (and other electronics)

·
Super Moderator
912 Posts
Not read of any needing steering racks, I'd check the tie rod arms as a first port of call or track rod ends, much cheaper if it is them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts