Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, in mid December I picked up a Sept 2015 DS4 1.6HDI Nav with just short of 40k miles on the clock. Have had a DS4 in the past and have a good rel with my Citroen dealership as have had many cars from them over many years.

I've a few niggles with it and am throwing it out to you guys and girls for some info. Firstly the predelivery inspection sheet wasn't given to me so I've no idea what is checked, apart from the wiper blades, as I discovered these weren't replaced despite one have a split at the end. This has made me wonder what else they'd missed. It is going into Citroen once its come back from the body shop my insurance company have instructed (somebody hit my driver's side rear passenger door a couple weekends ago and drove off ... I'm still angry about this 馃槨) I've advised Citroen of my niggles and they're going to look at it, and despite my good relationship with them I'm hoping they don't try to fob me off lol. So here is the list, hope ya'll understand my explanations 馃ぃ

Squeaky door hinge
Knocking noise front right, worse on uneven ground.
Whine when in first gear pulling away, could just be the way Im driving it I guess.
Eco stop start doesnt activate at all, ever!
Heater takes 15 mins to warm up, I know it's a diesel but being freezing wasn't an optional extra I paid for 馃槼馃ぃ
Boot only opens half way when lifting initially
Sat Nav touch screen out of sync

Registered
Eeeek. My driver door squeaks too but I also have a front knocking noise and my usual garage (not a Citro毛n dealership) think it's the steering rack by replicating the noise with the car on a lift. If you get the knocking noise sorted can you report back on their findings ?
Eco start stop not working seems to indicate the battery might need replacing according to other posts on here.
I've had my DS4 since last July and love it, but not with its faults. Kind of spoils the experience.

Registered
I've had the same stop/start battery experience with my new DS4 (2016 HDi), including the battery economy mode kicking the radio and touchscreen off after 30 seconds without engine running.

I took it to the non-franchised mechanic who I've trusted all my cars with for the past 30-odd years, who tested the battery, the charging output and the alternator etc. The battery was very low on charge after sitting for a month or so on a forecourt in sub zero temperatures, and has held full charge that he put into it while it was in his workshop. The stop start works during a long run when the engine is up to temperature, but not on my commute to and from work, which is about 6 miles. I expect this to change when the ambient temperature increases. Don't replace the battery without giving it a re-charge first, as they aren't cheap!

I've ordered a smart trickle charger for use at work to ensure the battery is fully conditioned in the colder months. Apparently, its safe to leave the battery connected while its on charge, which is great news, as it's a pain in the arse to get in and out :LOL:.

Registered
If you do change your battery have a look at this thread first if doing it yourself

Registered
A quick update on the battery situation. Long story short, I ended up needing a new battery, which was 拢120 inc VAT and fitting. The garage did a BSI reset and the car "accepted" the new battery, and so far, no issues. The stop/start is functioning normally, and no "Economy Mode Active" messages and screens shutting down without the engine running. Magic!(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts