Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. New to this site and new to citreon. Bought a DS4 from citreon dealer 12 days ago. Car registered March 2014..Got in car tonight to find no radio, no sat nav, no phone and no central display. Noted that there seems to be comments on here re software issues. Is this common? Really gutted as love car but will have to return it if needs software patch; not paying for stuff I cannot use or have to be replaced.Thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have exactly the same problem with my car. Playing up even before I drove the car away from the dealer when I took delivery. It seems Citroen don't have a definitive answer. In my case my dealer initially proposed removing the entire system and sending it back to Citroen, leaving me with nothing until they replaced it!!!Fortunately another dealer offered to supply a replacement system if investigation showed a fault, and my selling dealer also offered me a courtesy car - a DS5, until a replacement unit arrived. I have decided to live with the issue rather than have the whole dashboard taken apart. It usually plays up if you re-start the car after a shorttime, and I have found that be switching off, and sometimes even locking the car until the dash display and park brake light goes off, will remedy the problem. Occasionally I have had to leave the car for even longer. It seems to be to do with the shut down and boot up process goingwrong. A few times I have also had the voice for the Sat Nav fail, and only by switching off and leaving the caroff for a longer period of time, sort of 20-30 minutes, willthat issue sort itself.
All in all the emyway hasquite a few issues, some beyond even my problems. And don't even get me started on the functionality, which is best described as 'a voyage of discovery'!!In its defence when you fully work out how it all works, and learn how to get round the freezing issue, itdoes have some very clever features, a lot of which are excessed directly from the steering wheel controls, and the navigation display is very clear and comprehensive.

Regards
Keith

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Thanks for your reply. Spoke to Citreon and they said they were unaware of any issues with the emways on the DS4. The car was a demo for Citreon and only 6 months old. They are prepared to try a software update if it happens again. It hasn't yet and I will try your remedies first if it does as don't fancy a dash removal.
I am enjoying the 'voyage of discovery'; nothing like accidentally ringing someone when trying to change a radio station makes for a fun commute. I like just pressing the buttons to see what happens!
Overall happy with the drive and look so will wait and see! Will post again if it does.
Thanks again, Kav

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had the same problem - Only answer is a full replacement of the head unit/screen, software update made no difference. Oh and Citroen are aware of the issue. If you go to a decent dealer they will order the part (perhaps after investigation as they are not cheaper) and swop it straight over (takes about 90 mins).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts