Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Six weeks in, still enjoying it, but had a puncture yesterday. Followed procedure on repair, to no avail. AA came out, rip in inside tyrewall, new tyre purchased, all well to proceed. Spare wheel, jack and wrench ordered immediately, what would have happened if I hadn't been within easy reach of a tyre shop??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have been in the same situation I hit a pot hole in January and the generator thing was useless can you tell me please if you ordered a tyre from Citroen or elsewhere and if you don't mind hope you don't think I'm being cheeky could you tell me how much I would expect to pay . We are going to Cornwall in September and don't want to do the journey without a spare Thanks Jinty DS4

·
Registered
544 Posts
Having been caught at the side of the road years ago with a buckled wheel rendering the tyre-gunk useless, I will always have a spare of some nature.

We got the space saver for the DS4, all ordered from our friendly dealer and the price was about £170 which includes the wheel, tyre, jack, brace and tool to remove the wheel nuts; it all fits on the space the compressor sits on. They did price a full size tyre (16") but this was £240, needed a different insert and still had a different rolling radius to the standard wheels so I'd be limited to 50mph.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After my debacle with a ripped inside tirewall, I contacted 'the-wheel-shop' on ebay, who supplied me with a 16" full size spare wheel, scissor jack, and telescopic wheel brace, for £162:90 post free.
The wheel fits the spare wheel well over the electronic handbrake mech perfectly. The tools go into a small toolbag, courtesy of Cromwell tools.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi The problem I have is my alloys are 19" and I'm finding it difficult to get a tyre to fit because the brake discs are different sizes but thanks for replying x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.