Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv just traded in my DS4 for a brand new C4 e-115 HDI selection in Babylon red.. manual this time

just got fed up with the egs box too many issues after 3 updates im still not happy with it.

especially when it misses gears once in a blue moon, scares the sh*t out of you when pulling away from a junction !!

Got such a good deal on the c4 i couldn't resist, and im loving the panoramic glass roof !

i know its a bit of a step back in models but at least iv got piece of mind for 3 years

road tax is £0 as well, it goes really well, nice and torquey low down rides a bit softer

My insurance lower to boot so all in all looking forward to cheaper motoring !

·
Registered
544 Posts
Good luck with the C4, the Selection is a nice spec and with the 17" wheels it looks smart (the VTR+ looks awful on its 16" wheels) - you'll notice a few goodies missing as the DStyle is closer to the Exclusive C4.

I can understand you not wanting to keep the EGS; in my years of Picasso ownership it was abundantly clear this gearbox is poorly engineered.

·
Registered
227 Posts
When I was musing over the DS4 I also looked and sat in the C4 Exclusive and thought it was a very nice interior and that glass roof is Brilliant.
What I couldn't come to terms with was the clutch and steering wheel setup. Found it impossible to change gear without banging knee on the wheel always, and wheel was at highest setting. Same was true of the DS4 manual as well however.
Now running the same EGS box in a DS5 and found the change better (but still nowhere perfect) then the DS4 setup.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had same issue with the steering wheel , but it pulls out which gives me room :)

missing a few of the bell s and whistles though !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts