Citroen DS4 Forums banner

Noise from Rear or Boot?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  richcy 
#1 ·
Evening Folks

I just wondered if anyone else can hear a noise coming from the rear of the car. It's not so much as a rattle, but sounds as if something is loose and bumping against something else. It's not a continuous noise, by much more apparent if the road service is uneven.

My wife sat in the back to check whether it was the parcel shelf, but she said it sounds as if it is coming from inside the boot. It has only appeared over the last few days.

Before calling the dealer for them to check (and no doubt say they can't hear anything ), just wanted to check if anyone else has heard anything.

Cheers in advance.

#2 ·
Funny thing. I had this last week as well, but it was the rear seat backs.

I've never had them down, only had the car for a month, but one of them seemed to work its way loose just a little bit, but just enough to be heard when going over bumps.

Try it, nothing to lose. Just fold the seats down and give them a good hard "thunk" back into place.

Hope it is something daft like that and dealer trip can be avoided :)

#3 ·
A noise I had from the boot turned out to be the towing hooks/bolts that had worked themselves loose in the block holding the puncture repair kit and compressor. A bit of re-arranging soon sorted it out.

#4 ·
Yeah, on the way home I was looking at the rear seats because I had to do something else as well., but couldn't remember what.

The seat-belts. I had to clip mine in as the buckles were rattling off the plastic sides. There appears to be plenty of places the clip will bounce off, wheter it is the plastic at the side or the plastic at the top where the belt comes from. Was solution was just to clip them in.

Noise stopped

#5 ·
Cheers guys.
Tried the seats and fiddling with the spare wheel kit. Fingers crossed it has worked, but forgot to turn the radio down on the way home, so couldn't properly hear. But touch wood it seemed better, although the parcel shelf does seem to bounce around on extremely bumpy roads.

On a seperate (but slightly related to noise) issue, has anyone noticed that the suspension sounds almost tinny when going over bumps? I'm not sure if it is because I have the 19inches or whether they are all like that. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, was just wondering if anyone else had noticed.

#6 ·
Saeagle said:
Cheers guys.
Tried the seats and fiddling with the spare wheel kit. Fingers crossed it has worked, but forgot to turn the radio down on the way home, so couldn't properly hear. But touch wood it seemed better, although the parcel shelf does seem to bounce around on extremely bumpy roads.

On a seperate (but slightly related to noise) issue, has anyone noticed that the suspension sounds almost tinny when going over bumps? I'm not sure if it is because I have the 19inches or whether they are all like that. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, was just wondering if anyone else had noticed.

When I first got the car I noticed it - but, after a while it stopped. We have some pretty big humps here in the Netherlands ;-) Perhaps your suspension is still 'settling in'?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.