Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to forum my ds4 D style 2.0l tdi makes a whooshing noise from engine when the car is under load in all gears it is a 2012 with 27000 miles It has been back at the main dealers they checked all the pipes and turbo can't find any fault there are no fault codes is this sound normal for this engine thanks Kenny.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Definately not normal...Ours doesnt make any wooshing noise under load
Ive heard of this before in another forum, where a pipe has become loose
I would ask the Dealer to check again

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks main dealer has removed all the pipes and inspected but can't find anything wrong they have sent Citroen a technical request to see if they are aware of any problems.

·
Registered
47 Posts
try it under load with the air con on, then try it under load with the air con off.
I have noticed a slight difference and I have the TDI and all is normal.
You do get a whooshing sound with the air con on

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi sorry posted in wrong place , car has been been back to the dealers Citroen have said it is a pipe that is resenateing and will fit a new one sorted I hope .

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Good result

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi dealer has changed the car for an other ds4 didn't no what was what was wrong with it Tryed new turbo but didn't make any difference new car is great thanks for you help .

·
Registered
544 Posts
Our 2.0HDi 'blue' 150 has a 'whooshing' noise under full-fat acceleration and another car I test drove with the same engine was exactly the same - still goes like s&*t off a shovel and has plenty of punch to tow the caravan! Not worried myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts