Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to this forum...but wondered:
Any ideas how we can get more people to take a more active approach to the ForumComments, like 'More life in a tramps vest' come to mind
Barely one post per day at the moment

Im sure the DS4 deserves more active membership than this

·
Registered
22 Posts
Absolutely agree, I am registered on the MG forums for my other toy and they are very active. DS4 forum seems dead, I have posted twice re stickers with no response, I am not sure if this site even has any moderators!

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you have a look, you will see the site admn hasn't actually logged on since the beginning of January! Kind of says it all as it is a matter of "leading from the front" with forums.
Not sure why I still come by as I don't even have a DS4 anymore!

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Perhaps the site adminshould consider a take over..Ill gladly take it on

·
Registered
544 Posts
It is very quiet, I am a moderator on another site which covers the DS4 which is also quiet from that models perspective but at least it covers other cars where the issues are comparable (and therefore the knowledge). I think it's down to the rarity of the car to a degree, but I am surprised as you'd think owners fall more into the enthusiast group than cars with bigger sales levels.

I've been involved with the Audi A2 owners club for a decade and despite the relative rarity of the car it's a very active forum/ club.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Frank Bullitt said:
It is very quiet, I am a moderator on another site which covers the DS4 which is also quiet from that models perspective but at least it covers other cars where the issues are comparable (and therefore the knowledge). I think it's down to the rarity of the car to a degree, but I am surprised as you'd think owners fall more into the enthusiast group than cars with bigger sales levels.

I've been involved with the Audi A2 owners club for a decade and despite the relative rarity of the car it's a very active forum/ club.
Quite so. I run a RAV4 forum and although we have only been going 15 months, we already have over 400 members and well over 40,000 posts in that time.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I reckon DS4 owners are too busy cleaning and standing there admiring their cars to go online...

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the site owners are not proactive, then this Forum will die...eventually
Perhaps it already has

·
Registered
544 Posts
To be fair, these forums are generic ones produced for just about every car that ends up being largely driven by posts than the forums creators.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So..any ideas how to gain more interest anyone?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think that it's mostly due to the small number of DS4s on the road. I spoke to another local owner and he didn't know about the forum and didn't seem that bothered, although he loves the car.
I have a classic car and only use the owners' forum if I have a problem, which, thankfully, isn't often.
It's the same with the Ds4 really: currently no problems.(that's tempting providence)
I suppose I could keep posting photos of it after it's been washed, but I don't see the point as it's not as though they are custom cars with varied designs.
I recently posted about extended warranty, but no one responded, which I found a bit strange: usually someone has a comment whatever you put.
So you may be right, the site might peter out, although I hope it doesn't.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gravitating over to the DS ForumIt needs development, but could be a good starting point
Click HERE

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.