Citroen DS4 Forums banner

Number plate LEDs

26K views 91 replies 18 participants last post by  Dallad 
#1 ·
Hi all

Been thinking of getting some led number plate bulbs, any thoughts? And what size are they?

See less See more
#12 ·
GazDs said:
This is the ebay item number mate,130610502997 these fit fine.

GazDs, which one are your running lights as you have posted two different Ebay item numbers and the bulbs are slightly different::

130610502997 or271057241652

Thanks. I've been through a few LED sidelights before and somedon'tthrown enough light sideways on the reflector to light up the whole sidelight area and therefore the light just looks like a small point, when I want something to fill up the space with white light - much like yourpictures!

#15 ·
I did the same, although got mine from autobulbsdirect

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/380-Super-Bright-60-LED-Bulb.html

They are a bit of a squeeze to get in, but are bright and match the standard LED's quite well in terms of the colour temperature.

I am thinking (no cosmetic reason) of putting in LED's for the brake lights as they are quicker to illuminate than standard bulbs, so in theory safer.

#17 ·
The Daytime running LED's turned up in the post this morning, only took a couple days to arrive.Took 5 mins to fit, did a comparison after fitting the first one and it makes theoriginallamps look almost orange incomparison !..

All in all a nicelittleupgrade

#19 ·
Ok igiveup how do you get the number plate light covers off ?

Iv spent 20 mins trying with various implements and i cant get the covers off !

looked in the manual but all to no avail

#20 ·
They are a pain, you need a fine screwdriver or a pick. To the side of the cover is a small hole put the screwdriver through this and gently prise toward the lense cover (if it was'nt dark I would do you a picture) they then pop off and you drop them on the floor in suprise.

Edited by: GazDs

#21 ·
GazDs said:
They are a pain, you need a fine screwdriver or a pick. To the side of the cover is a small hole put the screwdriver through this and gently prise toward the lense cover (if it was'nt dark I would do you a picture) they then pop off and you drop them on the floor in suprise.

Many thanks will have another go at the weekend

#22 ·
g_p_t said:
GazDs said:

Many thanks will have another go at the weekend

Will try do a pic tomorrow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.