Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking to my own oil change. Have everything ready, and I can't find the damn oil filter? 2013 2.0 hdi diesel. Can anyone direct me or even post a photo of where it is? Thank you in advance

·
Super Moderator
986 Posts
Front of the engine, down under the dipstick area. Black plastic top that unscrews.

There is the option of two filters, citroen gave me the wrong one first time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Front of the engine, down under the dipstick area. Black plastic top that unscrews.

There is the option of two filters, citroen gave me the wrong one first time.

So I have found it.... However it looks near impossible to get it unscrewed with all the wiring in the way. Should it just come off by hand or do I need a tool that fits over the hex shape ontop?

·
Super Moderator
986 Posts
I use one of the oil filter removers, this type:

There is limited space, so needs a bit of tighten, move, slacken, repeat.
There is hex nut on the top, but have had these plastic nuts mangle themselves if too tight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use one of the oil filter removers, this type:

View attachment 959

There is limited space, so needs a bit of tighten, move, slacken, repeat.
There is hex nut on the top, but have had these plastic nuts mangle themselves if too tight.
Hi, Thank you for your help. I managed to get a similar tool for the job, sort of grips, but as you said there is very little room for movement down there! moved a few mm at a time.. However all sorted and replaced now.

·
Registered
182 Posts
For anyone else following this thread, my 2015 2.0l hdi engine the oil filter is completely different. It is on the front of the engine at the bottom and is screwed on in a vertical plane. Also it is a screw on metal can type. Yop need to take the undertray off to reach it. You will also find a plastic sump with a quarter turn sump plug made of plastic and retained with an R clip. With the 0 30w oil, particularly when warm removal of this plug results in an immediate dump of 5+litres of very thin oil so beware. I have adapted a bucket that reaches the sump and has 10+ litre capacity. Just enough room to undo the neccesary 1/4 turn plug and let it go with the oil for later recovery. This modern Ineo First oil is like water!

·
Super Moderator
986 Posts
The older one is metal sump and standard bolt sump plug with copper washer. Well, not "standard" then threaded part is much smaller than other makes of car, big head, small bolt.

Is your later one the blue hdi engine?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes it's the Euro 6 blue hdi engine, oil changes on this car are easier than any car I have ever owned or worked on - apart from the super fast dump of water thin oil when releasing the plastic sump plug. It went into my container with terrific speed and splashed everywhere first time - that's why I now use the big bucket touching the sump method to stop splashing myself and everything around me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts