Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Monday evening I had some paperwork waiting for me in the post. Looked it through and then as I was about to file it away thought "that's not my reg". I got the rest of my paperwork for the new car out and double checked and it all had the same reg on it. I was still convinced something was wrong, so out I went to check the car reg plates. Yep, you've guessed, different number on the plates. There was one letter that had been used that isn't even in the reg no.

Visited the dealer first thing the next morning and they double checked and sure enough.....

Half n hour later I was on my way with new, correct plates.

Iwonder how many times this happens ? I'm still waiting for the V5, so would probably have caught it then, but, it could have been an embarrassing oversight on my part not checking the day I picked it up from the dealer. Mind you, they should have spotted it first.

·
Registered
472 Posts
You would have thought so but as you said it would have been your fault if you had been pulled

·
Registered
227 Posts
Had something similar when got our Swift a couple of years ago. Dealer had two in, and plates varied slightly. One ended "NYF" and the other "NYT" I think.
Well, turned out the dealer took off the plates to get their own logo'ed plates on, and swapped the two numbers over accidentally

Only found this out when came to get new tax on line and system said details didn't match vis-a-vis Reg & VIN.
Looked under bonnet and that confirmed it!
Ended up having to get new plates to match the actual car, new MOT (it was MOT from other car in fact, but with 'our' reg), and of course, Insurance changed.
Dealer sorted it all ok no probs, but was interesting occurrence

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've had mine since February and never checked the paperwork. After reading this, I'll be site to check it tonight x

·
Registered
578 Posts
Caz1975 said:
I've had mine since February and never checked the paperwork. After reading this, I'll be site to check it tonight x

So is yours ok?
QUESTION will Wales beatthe Aussies on Saturday

1 - 8 of 8 Posts