Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all.
I've read the posts to do with this, but they don't help.
After loads of problems over many months, the car's been in and out of garages.
However, the orange 'service' light has been on constantly for months, even after getting it serviced etc.
It's also spent 2 weeks in a garage a few months ago going through all sorts of diagnostics.
(Nothing to do with the service light)
I've ignored it because if there was a problem it would surely have shown up during all the tests it's had.
Not to mention the £2500 it's cost me in repairs and tests over the time I've had it.
Now, it is a problem.
I'm trading it in in 2 days, and just realised the service light is on. (Doh!)
Won't look good when they give me a price.
I've tried several ways of turning it off, found on Youtube.
I hold the spanner button in, turn on ignition, watch the counter get to zero. Turn it off.
Turn engine on again and it's still there!
Does anyone know how to turn this orange 'service' light off before it costs me even more money at the trade-in?
Many thanks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The word Service highlighted means there is a fault registered. Probably the only way to remove it is to have it reset by Lexia or Diagbox. (Citroen diagnostics) It doesn't mean it needs a service that is a spanner showing.

·
Super Moderator
1,048 Posts
Depending on the model, if you press the spanner quickly then it should repeat the message for the fault. Mine does, usually the centre of the disply has a message if the service light come on (can be someting as simple as low tyre pressure).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts