Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I know that this has been asked before as I have read the other threads in in the forum but they seems to be from 2011-2012. Im wondering if the same is still true. Is the Denon Hifi upgrade still rubbish, or has it been improved. There was talk of a user contacting Denon directly etc and was wondering if its now worth the extra ££ or not, as there was no further information.

I have also read mixed reviews on the SAT NAV on the internet. I know that the main gripe is not being able to input a post code, but is it otherwise simple and reliable to use. Have you found that having to put a a road name in instead is generally ok? Have you ever been stuck, not know where you going becuase of it?

Ive also read that the sport with the 19" wheels "destroys" the ride, but Ive gone for them both anyway as it looks much nicer. Your thoughts on the ride. I thought it was OK when I test drove it, still more comfortable than my Civic Type-S GT which is like driving around on a wooden plank.

Any responses gratefully received.

Cheers

Kam

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the factory-fitted Denon upgrade and would say that if you're looking for the window-rattling "whump" "whump" "whump" from the sub woofer that you can get from a separate £100 sub woofer from Halfords then you'll be disappointed. That said, I had a C4 hire car recently with the standard sound system and it was "tinny" by comparison, so I can understand why some would want to improve what they have.

Personally, I don't regret the investment, but the only way to really tell if the Denon is a good thing for you or not is to sit in cars with and without it at the dealers and make the comparison yourself.

Edit - Not had problems with the Sat Nav, it just takes a little bit longer to plug the address in, that's all. I've also got the 19" alloys and have to say the ride is on a par with other cars I've test driven with larger wheels and low profile tyres, and certainly no worse.

Edited by: TheBadgerJC

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just switched from a Civic Type S on 18" to a DS4 Dsport on 19" and I have to say the ride is much better on the DS4 so no need to worry. Further to that I also drove a DS4 Dstyle and I didn't think the Dstyle rode enough better on its 18" to stop me going for the Deport, both drove very well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My car came with Denon and Sat Nav when I bought it at 4 months old, so I haven't heard the basic sound system. I think the Denon is good, but it obviously depends on what you are putting into it. I've got everything off my ipod on a usb stick and the stuff with heavy base plays well. You need ti set it up right though so look at the sound menu.

Re the sat nav, it's occasionally annoying when it decides it doesn't recognise something, like an address I tried in Birmingham. It wouldn't recognise Birmingham (perhaps it's been there already!) generally its ok although I know it needs updating as on a major newish road past Nottingham it showed that I was driving through the fields. But it's always taken me to the right place.

Can't comment on the ride as I've got 18" wheels.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm told by Citroen that an update to the SatNav (and computer software) is due next week, which should allow UK postcode entry!

I'll update when i have confirmation...

P.S. I have the Denon and it sounds great, although I haven't driven one without it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies. I tried a DSport with 19" and I agree with Stormy that is was better than the Civic S-Type so Im happy with that.

I got the impression that the Denon was not 'all that' from reading other threads but from the response Ive had to mine it seems that its worthwhile going for perhaps? I dont want Thump Thump bass but I do want to be able to hear something in the lower frequencies. Having tried the standard stero you get I was pretty disappointed. The bass is more like a fuzz. The stereo on the Civic is particularly good though.

Thanks for the Sat Nav info too. I rang my local dealer and they told me that the full post code entry is being filtered through the range and the are not onto the DS range yet but will be shortly. Currently just installed onto the C4 apparently.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.