Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pictures:

Due to a crap 'Valet' at the Dealer, which inflicted swirls and holograms
Polished with Sonax Polish and then waxed with Soft99 Authentic Wax and topped with Zaino Z8

We both love it!!

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive tried a few, but aways come back to Megs EnduranceTIP: Rub it almost off, when applied, with an old MF cloth and it will not fly all over..Apologies if you do this already

·
Registered
227 Posts
If you are interested in trying out a new tyre dressing, then check out Valeters Pride Tyre and Trim Dressing. Goes on well, stays on a long time, doesn't run off and is non-sticky.
I also did a side-by side comparison with some Autoglym tyre dressing I had on a large section of unpainted plastic trim ... The Valeters Pride stuff lasted weeks. The Autogym gear just days (and also left a residue if you passed your hand over it, whereas the VP side left your hand clean)

Just had a look on their website and can't see the same product anymore (I bought it over 2 years ago), but may now be called the Vinyl Polish tyre and trim dressing?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice finish. I've got a black ds4 as well and it's a constant job to keep it looking it's best, especially at this time of year :)

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hoovie said:
If you are interested in trying out a new tyre dressing, then check out Valeters Pride Tyre and Trim Dressing. Goes on well, stays on a long time, doesn't run off and is non-sticky.
I also did a side-by side comparison with some Autoglym tyre dressing I had on a large section of unpainted plastic trim ... The Valeters Pride stuff lasted weeks. The Autogym gear just days (and also left a residue if you passed your hand over it, whereas the VP side left your hand clean)

Just had a look on their website and can't see the same product anymore (I bought it over 2 years ago), but may now be called the Vinyl Polish tyre and trim dressing?
Is this the stuff?
http://www.valeterspride.co.uk/1-litre-silicone-vinyl-polish-tyre-trim-bumper--vinyl-dressing-276-p.asp

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think so, as all the dressings are now desciribed as Silcon ones.
But I don't recall the stuff I bought being described as a Silcone based product, and I stayed away from known Silicone products as they play havoc with paint spraying, as you will know (I used the dressing to smarten the wheel+tyre sets after refurbishing them from my Mobile workshop.
I will see if I can find the receipt (the original product got decanted into 500ml bottled long ago!)

Edit: just thought I could check my emails for the order

The description of the product was "LONG LIFE TYRE, RUBBER TRIM AND BUMPER DRESSING 5 LITRE" and the price was £14.95 back in Sept 2012.
It was great stuff
I'll have another check on the website ....
I just checked a post I made on my RAV4 Forum about this back in Dec 2013 and the link I posted takes you to this:
http://www.valeterspride.co.uk/5-li...yre-rubber-trim-and-bumper-dressing-209-p.asp - so would seem to be the silicone one.Edited by: Hoovie

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks very muchSilcone is fine on rubber BTW
Regards
Chris

·
Registered
227 Posts
Chris said:
Thanks very muchSilcone is fine on rubber BTW
Regards
Chris
Yup
no problem on rubber obviously, but it is not a great idea to have silicone products anywhere near where you want to paint! Little bit of an adhesion problem

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes..I understand that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts