Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my baby (DS4 200 THP) left my house today on a tow-truck.
Twiceover the weekend I received an engine overheating warning. All liquids etc was at optimal level. It might just be a thermostat issue, or a loose wire. But beter save than sorry. And South Africa has some very hot days. So I am hoping it might just be the thermostat.

This is the first issue that I am experiencing since I received my car.Had her now for 1 year and 1 month. Also, Citroen customer service made sure to send a flatbed tow-truck the can load a car that has a low overhang nose to make sure that the bottom of the front bumper doesnt get any damage when loading and unloading my car.

·
Registered
231 Posts
i had an issue in feb with my fan kicking in after a mile or so when it was cold outside
visited my garage who said to monitor it but no issues since

but he did tell me he had heard of thermostat issues on the petrol models

·
Registered
267 Posts
sandman- sorry to hear about your baby - mine is the thp 155, had it over a year in 33 degrees Celcius Malaysia, hotter than South Africa. Thus far no overheating problem but after prolong hard driving the coolant level seems to drop a fair bit. Its best to look at the coolant level at least once a week. If the dealer say the thermostat is the issue then i will keep a close watch on it too. Cheers!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ajdar said:
sandman- sorry to hear about your baby - mine is the thp 155, had it over a year in 33 degrees Celcius Malaysia, hotter than South Africa. Thus far no overheating problem but after prolong hard driving the coolant level seems to drop a fair bit. Its best to look at the coolant level at least once a week. If the dealer say the thermostat is the issue then i will keep a close watch on it too. Cheers!
Yes. Heat here where I live in South Africa also has an average temp of 33 degrees celcius.
It was not the coolant. That was the first thing I checked. Because at just over 7000km, i had to refil the coolant. So it is not that. Also, she was in for her service a month ago.

The dealer should get back to me today on what the problem is.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Received her back yesterday. They fixed the problem. As I understand, it was a pipe that had a crack on it that supply cooling to the engine. But fuel consumption improved alot since I received her back. Strange, but I am happy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
21 days later, same problem. But now she is leaking engine coolant. But I have to take her back anyway, because when they fixed my car in the beginning of the month, they broke my fuel gauge. Fuel gauge is not reading the actual fuel in the tank. Kinda becoming a very unhappy owner atm and thinking of trading her in if problems continue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My car was booked in yesterday.
It took the dealer the whole day, until about 6pm, but my car is sorted now. They replaced a cable running to the turbo, someother pipes that leaked andrecalibrated the fuel sensor.

Now my car is running like a dream again.

PS: fell in-love again with the DS5 200 THP sport and took one for a test drive. Thinking of trading my DS4 200 THP sport in for one in the next couple of months.

·
Registered
267 Posts
sandman- i tested the dS5 thp 155 and thought it drives alright. But that comes with 6 speed full-auto transmission.How was the gearchange on the DS5? Clunky?, smooth?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I drove the manual. It felt the same asmy DS4's manual, very smooth. But drives more smoothly and absorbs irregularities on the road much better than the DS4. But she is slower than the DS4 because of the higher weight.

·
Registered
267 Posts
i dont really underestand why the British motoring press eg 'What Car" mags are giving low marks for the DS5 ride quality? I drove one and it aint so bad as reported....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts