Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post your useful hints and tips here......Some of the things that might come up on here are, of course, in the manual but it's useful to have a quick way of finding things out.

Discovered the other day that in order to have a quick single wipe of the wipers without activating/ de-activating the auto wipers you simply pull the stalk towards you briefly before getting resistance (after which the washers operate). It's surprisingly useful!

Edited by: Chris

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
I'm on it FrankThanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
For those with the eMyWay SatNav... press the end of the Lighting and Direction indicator control
stalk to repeat the last SatNav instruction.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Doing stuff with my new DS DS4 (Prestige) and found a couple of little useful things

eMyWay SatNav - to use a UK postcode, enter it in the City on the SatNav not the street. Nearly took my car back after one day til my dealer told me that!

Also, to use voice dial with Bluetooth attached to the car, press and hold the end of the indicator stalk and wait for the prompt on the touchscreen. I found I had to say "call (name)" and then where I've got multi numbers for a contact the car tells me the options.

·
Registered
492 Posts
A light movement of the indicator stalk in the required direction will flash the indicator in the that direction, three times. Also surprisingly handy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've just boughta 2013 ds4 with sat Nav and Bluetooth, its got the button on the end of the stalk but it doesn't do any thing? mine is not touch screen though.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Napoleon said:
Something I found quite useful is lowering the windows before you get to your car when it's hot
Absolutely, and to help it cool down further put air recirculation on until the car interior is down to temperature as it quickly starts cooling already-cooled air rather than hot outside air.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I only found the other day you can press and hold the unlock button on the fob and the electric windows will open. Press and hold close on fob to lock and close windows.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes, I don't do it that often but known about that one. Previous (non DS / Citroen) cars did it the same as well.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Rear Wash/Wipe only operates when the rear hatch is closed.
This is something I've never noticed before but I'm treating it as a "feature".

After discovering that the rear washer was not working despite the motor whirring and the washer fluid level to be OK I found a puddle on the road by the front drivers side wheel. This turned out to be a split feeder hose, near where it disappears into the A pillar, causing the fluid to be pumped out onto the road instead of the rear window.
At some stage, in the midst of locating the problem, I had the hatch open and discovered that the squirter motor no longer operated.
I then discovered that unless the hatch is closed, the wiper and squirter on my "gen1" DS4 does not operate when the hatch is open.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts