Citroen DS4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wanted to ask if anyone hasapplied extra protection for the paint work? If so what would yourecommend?

Thanks, M.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The dealer offered this at the time of purchase for something like £300, but I didnt take it.
After only having it a week, and already finding 1 stone chip, I am thinking perhaps I should have taken it. Although no idea if it would even work, sure there are guys here with more technical knowledge if this would work.

Enjoy the new car.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I use Chemical Guys Jet Seal 109, it wont stop stone chips but its decent protection against salt etc.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I use Collinite 476 wax on mine it's very durable,lasts about 4mths.There is so much choice out there I would recommend you do some reading on here http://www.detailingworld.co.uk

Saeagle
What the dealer will have offered you is some sort of sealant like Life Shine,Perma Shield or something.They claim to offer years of protection but I would be sceptical as there are so many variables that can affect it.What ever you apply will not stop stone chipsunfortunately.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Mate I had Pure Guard put on my car by the dealer, they did it for free , made out how lucky I was . Wish they hadn't bothered it took me two hours to get it off my leather seats as they looked streaky in the sun and when it rained you could see big patches that they had missed . The product might work if its applied properly but when you 've got a bored teenager on minimum wage that is not going to happen . Also what do you think they will say if you take your car back in three years and say your paintwork has gone dull. I've waxed my car so I doubt any isstill there . It's up to you but I wouldn't bother .

·
Registered
551 Posts
Exactly SBK61!You can get the kit for £20/30,an hour to slap it on = £££ profit.
Unless the paint is preped properly and the product applied exactly asmanufacturers instructions and then maintained as instructed it is just a waste of time.
I am sure most,but not all,dealers see this type of product as a "nice little earner"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts