DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had this?2 or3 times I've noticedthe parking brake has disengaged by itself just after starting the engine. One timeI was on a slight incline and had to re-engage it pronto!I though I'd narrowed it down to my habit of always starting the car with my foot on the clutch but that doesn't seem to be it with more experimentation.
Must say I'm enjoyiong the car immensely but I have to be vigilent on startup at the moment!
I'll also be leaving it parked in gear for the time being!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi-it should not disengage itself upon starting the car. It should disengage only upon pressing the gas pedal.Concerning parking in gear, pls be aware that the car can only start in neutral.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I must admit iam looking forward to geting my ds4 at the end of the month {26th april}but i am going to be very careful with the EPB as i have never owened a car with this type and some of the above posts are a bit concerning

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have never had any issue with mine, as soon as you go to pull away it releases itself, you get used to it quite quickly, everyone I know thinks its quality

·
Registered
267 Posts
jbdog- not to worry. the EGS is rather easy to use once you are familar with it. It has an electronic brake system that releases itself once you step on th e accelerator pedal and a useful 2 seconds hill-hold function

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think it's a really good feature, you get used to it very quickly. Just once though it stuck on when I tried to pull away which was a bit disconcerting. Think I had to turn off the ignition and start again. Anyone had this happen to them?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Chaps - not sure what the real issue is here.

The clutch does NOT need to be pressed to release electric brake (although funnily enough it does on DS5-says so on dash!).
But you have to squeeze and release foot brake pedal for correct release, should kick in hill start on gradients. If not then maybe a problem.

Mine does not like to release handbrake unless I have pressed footbrake - I think it even says so on dash?

Hope this helps

·
Registered
312 Posts
I just pull away and the handbrake comes off , Vauxhall works the same way . I must say the DS4 hill start assist is a lot smoother than the Vauxhalls .

·
Registered
267 Posts
When the electronic brake is engaged, it will self-release upon stepping on the accelerator pedal. No need to press the foot brake first.If the electronic brake is not engaged by driver during stationary say on upward gradients, stepping on the brake will activate the hill-hold and upon release of the foot from the brake pedal the driver has 2 seconds before the car roll back.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ajdar,I would'nt want to disagree, but my 4 shows a message saying press footbrake, and this certainly helps it release, otherwise it bites quite hard.
I only know this because its about the only message I do get - don't get me started!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
rich.cath- hmm... strange indeed that you need to press the footbrake rather than the accelerator pedal to releae the electronic brake. Are there anyone else who has this issue?

My car message shows to press the footbrake before you start the engine. Once engine has started, then simply press the accelerator pedal to release the brake......

·
Registered
395 Posts
You know what ajdar, that is exactly what mine says when I checked it. I thought it was referring to the handbrake but it is to start engine, but all the same the car releases handbrake much easier when I press the footbrake first, otherwise you can feel it biting and not letting go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
It wasn't until recently that I found out the park brake puts itself on when you take the keys out...handy harry...

·
Registered
472 Posts
With mine a manual gearbox when I switch the car off the handbrake goes on (message on speedo, when I go to pull away it is when I touch the throttle that it releases provided I let the clutch out at the same time.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts