Citroen DS4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I got a brand new DS4 a week ago, a 1.2 Puretech. There is a strong smell of unburnt fuel inside the car when in stop/start traffic, which goes when driving faster. On lifting the bonnet, it seems to be coming from the Turbo. The Citroen dealer has said it could be because it's a new car (lack of carbon deposits), but we've now done over 300 miles and it's still just as strong. They checked it over and said they can't find a problem. Surely it's not right? Has anyone else had this issue, or could anyone suggest what it could be?Thank you!

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Its definitely not rightThey are wrong to suggest its because its new
You have the right to state that you don't think its safe and therefore ask them to provide you with a courtesy car while its being investigated

I would ring Citroen and ask them to advise

·
Registered
48 Posts
Another thing to try is put the heater into recirculation mode. If it's gone away could be a fault with the pollen filter fitting

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This issue has now been sorted out by my local Citroen dealer, it turns out it was a clamp on the top of the turbo that wasn't sealed properly, they replaced the clamp and no more fuel smell!

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Glad its got sorted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts