DS4OwnersClub.co.uk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm new here and really could do with some advice.... Have owned my ds4 1.6 hdi now for just under a year without any problem until yesterday. Driving along at low speed stuck in traffic jam and all of a sudden warning lights start coming up on the dashboard saying ASR/PARKING BRAKE FAULT, then the engine starts running really lumpy and sounds like a tractor engine with white smoke from the exhaust and struggling to make any power and rev past 3000rpm..I'm no expert but the engine sounds like it's only running on less cylinders than it should if that makes any sense to anyone, now it's struggling to start and sounds awful and bellows white smoke... Please someone offer some advice and help a fellow owner out

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
It may have gone into 'Limp Mode', which is usual when theres a problemIt will need to go to the dealer asap I'm afraid
Good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response chris, it's going back to the dealer this week,when I bought the car it came with a 12 month warranty which I'm still within just.hoping that they will sort the problem and it will all be covered, just wondering if any ideas or anyone had anything similar happen to them, thanks again chris

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Doubt it
It may just be a sensor.........Modern cars have this protection mode called 'Limp Mode' that helps to protect the engine from damage if the ECU detects a fault

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a similar episode in my 12 month old 2.0Hdi a couple of months ago, Clearwatercarper. One after another of the warning lights for ABS, ESP and electric parking brake came on in quick succession as I slowed in traffic for a roundabout. I pulled over and stopped the car to phone the dealer. They said to drive it to them slowly, but when I started the engine, the warning lights came on again, but then went out and the 'engine' warning light came on. The car was towed to the dealers, and left there overnight. The next morning all the warning lights had cleared and though the garage kept the car for 3 days, they didn't return. The dealer guessed that one of the sensors in the ABS system had tripped (though I was slowing gradually from only about 35mph) and this had caused a cascade of warnings. The dealer cleared the log of the warnings in the car's computer and I haven't had any repeat, though given that the reason for the warnings hasn't been resolved, my trust in the car has been reduced. I hope the garage gets to the bottom of your car's problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the good advice people much appreciated this end,car has now been recovered to the dealership and I'm awaiting a response as to the problem, thanks again for all the feedback!!

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Glad to helpLet us know how you get on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so I've heard back from citreon today and the car is all fixed up and ready, apparently a fuel sensor switch fault? Hoping this is just a bit of bad luck and not going to lead on to other things... Enquiring into a longer warranty for some peace of mind
Thanks for all the feedback back,much appreciated and kind regards

·
Super Moderator
937 Posts
Glad to read it's sorted

·
Registered
56 Posts
Clearwatercarper said:
Thanks for all the good advice people much appreciated this end,car has now been recovered to the dealership and I'm awaiting a response as to the problem, thanks again for all the feedback!!
This happened to my 2.0HDI this week. Took it in for diagnosis at £48 to be told all reset and all good all faults cleared. So nearly 50 quid to be told there is nothing wrong with it just thrown a hissy.

·
Registered
492 Posts
An online search for ""diesel running rough with white smoke""� reveals that it's a likely fuel problem.
This could be things like clogged filters, debris in the tank being sucked up (get it flushed out) or even condensation in the tank.
The above could explain why after a reset and a rest the fault seems to vanish.

Just out of interest was the tank below 1/4 full ?
Also do you typically run the tank till the fuel light comes on before refueling? I've heard that's not good practice with diesels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there I've just had same problems on my ds4 2.0 hdi I changed handbrake module and rear sensors problem fixed cost a few quid though I have a engine management light on now with a error air mixture fault guy in garage said it's a throttle body air doser another £180 pounds hopefully that's it all fixed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts